I just can't believe you have been ours for 6 months. We have had a daughter for 6 months. Pinch me. You bring joy to our lives in ways we never imagined. Your smile is contagious and can make any one's day. - especially mommy's. Each month, I have watched you grow into a happy, silly and loving baby. I'm just so proud. And I've never been happier.
Here's a peek into your world at 6 months old:
- You are learning how to crawl and I know any day you will officially be a crawler. You can put both knees underneath you and rock back and forth. You can even move one knee after the other, but you haven't quite understood the concept that your hands must move too! My little yogi, you can plank with the best of them and you can even downward facing dog. It makes me laugh. For now, you are mobile by scooting, rolling all over the place and turning circles while army crawling.
- I still can't believe it, but you are getting two teeth at once. Yes, TWO. It looks like Eme's getting her two front (bottom) teeth for Christmas! Teething was one of my biggest fears as a new mom. No sleep, cranky baby who is in pain - sounds awful. Well, I wouldn't know... You are still your happy-go-lucky self. You drool a lot and want everything in your mouth, and sleep a little more. There will be no complaining coming from this momma. In fact, there never is.
- This one's really cute and it really shocked me - you can say 'hi'. Your first word was 'hi'. So cute and fitting for a social baby such as yourself. This just happened recently and only a few days later you turned 'hi' into 'hey' and now you prefer to say 'hey'.
- You are trying desperately to pull up to a standing position on one of your toys. You haven't accomplished it just yet, but one of my favorite things about you is your determination. You won't stop until you've accomplished what you set out and then you are on to the next task. That's a very good character trait my love.
- Mommy finally gave in and you are eating food! We started with avocados - you hated them. Hate is a strong word, but it's fitting. Next was sweet potatoes - you liked those. And now we are onto green beans. Green beans to you are okay. You tolerate them. Daddy and I crack up with the first spoonful of food each meal. It doesn't matter if you like it or not, you make an awful face and then you eat it up. Introducing you to foods has been so fun!
- When you are sitting now, if you get tired, you lean forward and mosey your way into the crawling position.
- This one is funny. When you are around other babies or toddlers now, you scream in their ear. Not a 'get me outta here' scream, but a very excited scream. I think you love other kids.
- When another child takes your toy away and you still want it, you reach to get it back. Momma bear wants to take it out of their hands and give it back to you, but I just can't. You have to share and I have to get used to you longing for things. It's part of life.
- I read that I can start introducing a sippy cup to you. So, I started giving you a sippy cup with water recently and you love it. You try and elevate it and drink out of it on your own. You can for a few seconds, but thankfully, you still need mommy's help.
- This month, your firsts also include - seeing the ocean, meeting Santa, touching snow, seeing a symphony, opening a present, seeing lots of Christmas lights, watching mommy and daddy decorate 3 Christmas trees and sitting in a big girl high chair.
- You have learned how to kiss. And you know what I'm going to say next - It's the sweetest, most slobbery open mouth kiss you can imagine. I just can't get enough. You get really excited to kiss mommy too. You grab my face with both hands and rush in for the smooch. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you have to be the most kissed baby ever. One day I should count how many times I kiss you in an hour.
6 months ago today, we were blessed with the absolute greatest gift. Everyday, I'm so honored and thankful our birth-mom chose us to raise you baby girl. You are our entire world. Happy 1/2 Birthday my little angel. It's been the best 6 months of my life.
Love you to the ends of the Earth and back,
Mommy and Daddy
(and Oskar and George too)

No comments:
Post a Comment