Dear Emeline,
This past month has probably been the most fun we have had yet. Once you hit 6 months, you have hit one milestone after the other and your personality really shines. You continue to be a happy, silly, active, loud and loving baby with such a strong determination to accomplish whatever task you have put your mind to. And you are sharp as a tack. From the moment you were born, you have been so immersed in the world around you, constantly checking out your surroundings, touching and grabbing everything you can and staring at the people in your life with such intent to get to know them better. Your sweet smile and silly nature draw people in and they can't help by be enamored by you. I know Daddy and I sure are. That jolly smile lights up our lives.
Here's a peek into your world at 7 months old:
- We celebrated your first Christmas and it was everything I ever dreamed it would be. Simply put, it was the best Christmas ever. You opened some of your presents, ate some wrapping paper and played with all of your new toys. My favorite moment of the day was when we sat you down on the floor right when you woke up and you spotted your toys immediately. And what did you do? Crawl (in your butterfly stroke crawl) right over to your toys to explore your loot. You are my daughter... You had this excitement and light in your eyes all day. I know you don't yet know the meaning of Christmas or what was going on, but you knew that day was special.
- After Christmas, we took you on your second trip. We went to California to celebrate Christmas with Daddy's family. You met your Great Grandma Nora for the first time and your Uncle Michael. Of course they fell in love with you. We also took you on a hike, went to San Francisco, Sonoma and also to visited Grandma Belinda's house. We had a great trip celebrating your first Christmas together. If only we all lived closer...
- While in California you slept in a pack n' play. We didn't bring the monitor, so I just checked on you constantly. During your nap one day, I peeked in to check on you and found you sitting up in your pack n' play! I just couldn't believe it. From then on, you crawl around everywhere and push yourself up to a sitting position to take a break, play, etc. This also made nap time and bed time a lot harder since all you wanted to do was crawl, sit and explore.
- Once you discovered how to bring yourself into a sitting position, I knew standing was going to follow soon after. Right after we got home, you took your first nap in your crib and I checked the monitor more than usual that day in anticipation of you standing. I heard you rustling around, peeked in on you and my heart skipped a few beats - you were standing in your crib with this huge proud smile on your face!
- You are obsessed with standing and now you are pulling up on anything you can get your tiny hands on. The couch, the coffee table, your toys and even the walls!
- This month, we also decided (or rather you decided), you were ready for a big girl car seat. You love it and are so much happier riding around in the car.
- My absolute favorite trick you can do is kiss. I smack, you smack and we have kissing wars. You 'kiss' on command and give out your sweet air kisses constantly. I can't get enough of that smooch. You still give me your huge open mouth kisses that are so loving and kinda painful :). You pull my hair (attempting to pull my head) toward you, open your mouth a wide as you can and come in for the kiss. It's a wet, slobbery 'sweet as sugar' kind of kiss.
- I was right, for Christmas this year; in addition to loads of toys, you got your two front teeth. Daddy and I always said how much we loved your gummy smile that lights up your entire face, but we have to admit, your smile with two bottom teeth might be even more precious.
- This month, we also baby proofed the entire house. You are mobile, crawling (butterfly stroke style), pulling up on everything and exploring anything in your view. Now, you can do so safely.
- Daddy and I are also currently working on your playroom, so you and I can have a safe haven to play in during the day while Daddy is working. Can you believe Daddy sold his 70" TV just for you? Now that's love...
- You've really become ticklish these days. Your current tickle spots are under your armpits and around your collar bone. I can't stop tickling you because I just love that deep belly giggle of yours.
- You officially feed yourself you own bottle now. All I have to do is hold you and admire how beautiful you are. Tough job huh?
- We are still making our way through all the veggies you can eat. We have tried sweet potatoes, avocado, green beans, carrots, broccoli and squash. So far, you love them all except those pesky avocados. You have also eaten bananas and tried those infamous puffs that every baby loves. So far, you don't have an interest in eating the puffs.
- You eat solids twice a day now and take 4 - 8 oz bottles.
- Bath time is even more fun now that Santa brought you lots of bath toys. Bath time starts around 6:00 pm and we play for a while, then get you ready for bed, then play some more, read you a story or two and soon after, you are off to dreamland by 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm.
- You sleep for a solid 12 hours and are up by 7:00 am -7:30 am.
- I think I've come to terms that you are never going to be a good napper. These days I get only a 30 minute nap out of you. A 30 minute nap at 9:30 am, a 30 minute nap at 1:00 pm and a 30 minute nap at 4:00 pm. My dear, momma could be a lot more productive if I had more than 30 minutes to accomplish all the things I need to knock out while you are sleeping. Oh well, let's face it, I'd rather spend time with you anyway.
Wow, Eme. This month alone you starting sitting in a big girl car seat, we have lowered your crib, you have two teeth, you are pulling up on everything, crawling around and eating lots of solids. Why do you have to grow up so fast? The other night I got really emotional thinking you won't be a baby much longer. So what did I do? I pulled a "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." moment. You were sleeping soundly all snug in your crib and I picked you up gently, snuggled you closely and rocked you in your rocking chair for as long as I could. These are the moments I live for.
 |
| 7 Months old |
 |
| Clapping |
 |
| Standing |
 |
| Walking in your walker |
 |
| Now that you have lots of hair, you have awesome bed head. |
 |
| Your favorite toy |
 |
| Loving bath time with Grammy |
 |
| Sleeping Beauty |
 |
| "Momma come get me!" |
 |
| Your 1st Christmas |
 |
| Crawling to your toys from Santa |
 |
| Loving Christmas |
 |
| This walker is one of your favorites these days too. |
 |
| You loved eating the wrapping paper. |
 |
| And all of your presents too. |
 |
| Christmas festivities tuckered you out. |
 |
| Christmas in California. |
 |
| Opening presents from Grandpa Allan and Grandma Belinda |
 |
| Seeing more Christmas lights. |
 |
| Love from Uncle Michael |
 |
| Morning snuggles with Daddy |
 |
| Hiking with the family |
 |
| Hiking up Mt. Tamalpais |
 |
| Gorgeous views surrounded us. |
 |
| Trip to San Fransisco |
 |
| Our family in the city. |
 |
| Now that's one way to do it. I love this picture. |
 |
| And this one. |
 |
| Your first taxi ride. |
 |
| You loved Uncle Michael's beard. |
 |
| Family pic in San Fran. |
 |
| Picking out your super cute street vendor hat. |
 |
| On a walk with the family at Grandma Belinda's house. |
 |
| Sweet snuggles with Grammy |
 |
| Growing up too fast. |
You are our sunshine,
Mommy and Daddy
(and Oskar and George too)
No comments:
Post a Comment