Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Emeline's Quirks, Sillies and Milestones - 20 Months

...We have been doing lots of crafts lately and you are totally into it.  Especially the hand and foot print crafts. And I love making them as keepsakes for every holiday.  The bigger the mess, means the more fun we had...
...You can name your eyes, ears, nose, mouth, eyebrows, cheeks, lips, chin, forehead, hair, head, shoulders, knees, elbows, feet, toes, hands, fingers and boobies.  I saved the best for last!  And you love to point and name the body parts for other people too.  That might be a funny story one day...
...You have an incredible memory of where you/I left things.  If, for instance you take your bow off and drop it somewhere, leave your sippy somewhere or even if I leave my keys or phone in a place I forgot about, you have this incredible ability to remember where you/I left something.  You find it for me every time with out fail...
...You have really taken an interest in your board books lately and pull both them and your animal flashcards out often to just sit and independently look at colors and objects.  Each time you do this, you learn something new.  I know because the next time I quiz you on objects on a page, you can find most everything I ask you to...
...We look at our pictures around the house often and every time we walk downstairs or even if you see a picture of us any where, you announce 'Mommy!' and 'Daddy!' in every picture you see.  You also greatly flattered us by pointing to Aladdin and Jasmine in your coloring book and proudly proclaiming, 'Momma! Daddy!' I wish baby, I wish...
...I would guess you say around 75 words at this point.  You may not use them often, but you certainly show off your skills by repeating what you hear us say...
...You still love animals and mimicking their sounds.  I lost track of all the animals you can mimic at this point...
...You have 0 interest in learning to count.  You are however into learning your ABC's and love when we sing it to you.  You can say ABC so far...
...You also are very into learning your colors and your favorite is yellow - mommy's favorite color and the only color you can name so far.  You can say all the other colors, but can't yet identify them... 
...Favorite book of the month is still Love Ruby Valentine...
...You are very well mannered and use 'please' and 'thank you' when asked and even on your own...
...You have grown interest in shapes and can identify the circle, heart, square and triangle...
...You still are very much drawn to Doc McStuffins and Elmo.  This month we took you to see Sesame Street Live and you loved half of it until your attention span ran tired.  We all had a blast and seeing the smiles you gave us that evening made both Mommy and Daddy elated...
...This month we celebrated Valentine's Day in a big way at our house (the only way your mommy knows how to celebrate anything).  I created a 'Date with Elmo' on your table and lets just say you were in Heaven.  We spent the entire morning and afternoon, sharing 'cookies', 'chocolates' and 'tea' with Elmo.  You even shared some of your breakfast with Elmo.  We had so much fun and I'll never forget the joy I saw in your eyes that morning...
...This month was pure joy.  It was filled with so much love, laughter and celebrations of our love for each other and our love for you...



Valentine's Day 'Date with Elmo'















Clearly you loved it. 














Mommy and Daddy had a date night at home after you went to bed. It was one of my all time favorite Valentine's Days. 






Mommy and Daddy went to Austin to celebrate my birthday and you spent the weekend with Grammy and Poppa.










It was such a beautiful and serene ride though the hill country. 
























We did lots of hiking that weekend and I loved every minute of it. 




Valentine crafting with paint and wine corks.  













Baking our salt dough hearts that we gave away with your Valentine's this year.
























We saw Sesame Street Live!  Pure. joy. was seen in your eyes that night. 



See it? There's that pure joy. 
















Your Valentines we sent out to family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment