...We started swim lessons for you about a month ago and you love it. Your teeth may chatter a bit from the cold pool, but you can splash, kick and blow bubbles with the best of them. So far you are also doing really well with holding your breath and going under water. I think by this summer we will have a little fish on our hands...
...Recently you discovered you can take your clothes off and you now like to run around the house topless. We are in trouble! You can also put your clothes back on too...
...Your curiosity is thriving this month and I hear many 'what's that?' questions all day. I would say this is your phrase of the month...
...And your favorite book of the month is your potty book - Princess of the Potty. You pick it out of your basket for us to read every. single. night. I love hearing your daddy read it to you. It cracks me up every time...
...Oh and your newest obsession - Frozen. Your face lights up every morning when you happily exclaim 'Elsa and Ana!'. You wake up wanting to watch the movie and/or listen to the soundtrack every day. When you get into something you are really passionately into it. Mommy has had enough of the soundtrack because you make me listen to it each time we get into the car. We have had many discussions on sharing the radio these days. But when 'Elsa and Ana' bring you so much joy, it's hard to say 'no'...
...You spend most of our quiet days at home collecting, grouping and sorting your toys, leaves outside, and really anything you can get your hands on. It's seriously all you want to do right now. For you, playing is learning, so that's what we do...
...You still have very little interest in counting UNTIL I started counting to you in Spanish and suddenly you are all about it. I love hearing your sweet voice say 'uno'-'dos'-'tres' 'quatro', 'cinco' 'seis'...
...Still singing our ABC's all the time and you can say A-B-C-D-E...
...You are still my sweet mannered little toddler. In addition to your 'please' and 'thank yous', you now say 'bless you' when someone sneezes and the occasional 'excuse me' when you toot or burp. It melted my heart the other day when I sneezed as I was driving and I hear the sweetest little 'bless you' come from the back seat...
...I have to say, you are my little prissy tomboy this month. One minute you love dressing up, accessorizing with your bracelets and putting make-up on with mommy and the next minute you are splashing around in the mud, throwing mulch in the air like confetti and rolling around in the grass like Oskar and George (I think you could use a human sibling). For someone who says 'eww' when a speck of dirt is on our floor at home or on your shoe, you sure love to really play in it...
...You said your first official sentence this month and boy was it fitting for you. Let me preface this story by saying you spill your milk all. the. time. Sometimes purposefully and sometimes on accident. We were driving to meet my family and on the drive you needed some milk, I passed it over to you and the next thing we know, your Daddy sees you tipping the sippy cup upside down to have it leak out all over you and your car seat. It was a mess. Obviously you got reprimanded for that and about a minute later we hear 'sorry', 'sorry' over and over and I said, 'are you sorry you spilled your milk?' to which you replied 'sorry I spilled milk'. It was very sweet and your first true apology too. By the way, you are not allowed milk in the car anymore...
![]() |
| Picnicking with mommy |
![]() |
| Trip to the zoo with our Gladney buddies |
![]() |
| jam session |
![]() |
| Saturday morning tradition - watching the yard crew. |
![]() |
| Sick baby watching her favorite movie (Frozen) with Daddy. |
![]() |
| The sweetness that is a sick sleeping baby. |






































No comments:
Post a Comment