Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Birth Mother Visit

Our small family of 3 spent this past Saturday with Emeline's birth mother. She continues to amaze us and we feel eternally grateful to her for the difficult decision she made 2 years ago. While we had a great time at the zoo and plenty of laughs, I have no doubt it was a very emotional and tough day for her.

The hardest part of these periodic visits for us is when I stop to think about what she must be thinking as we hug and go home - us with the most amazing gift we have ever received, and Emeline's birth mother with pictures and a days worth of memories. I tell myself that us continuously showering Emeline with love, life experiences and support are the best way to "pay back the gift" and I sincerely hope she feels the same. Nonetheless I feel for her for what she must be thinking and experiencing as she makes the drive home.

Adoption has been and continues to be a new learning experience for me, but I'm so proud and happy to have gone through this process and can't help but think its helped me to try and always put myself in others' shoes. I went into the adoption process ignorantly with negative views of how a woman could ever place her child for adoption; I now see the adoption process for what it really is - an incredible relationship between two sets of people with different capabilities and one unwavering desire for the best life for an unborn child. My hope is that I can share that knowledge and thinking with others unfamiliar to adoption.


~Kris

P.S. We are respecting Emeline's birth mother's privacy by not posting pictures of her. 



  



  

   

  



  

  







  
   

  

  

  


  



  


No comments:

Post a Comment