Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Friday, January 16, 2015

Giselle is Three Months Old

Dear Giselle, 

Today marks 3 months since you entered our world and turned this life of ours into the most beautiful of places. We are forever grateful your birth mom choose us to be your parents and we vow to cherish you always and to be the very best parents we know how to be. I promise you are showered with love and laughter every single day. You know nothing but happiness and I hope you always will. You and Emeline are our whole world. To us, you are complete happiness. A dream realized. And we are unimaginably happy with our little family. 

You my love, are pure bliss. You are such an easy baby (dare I say it!). You eat regularly, sleep through the night and are so sincerely happy. All you have to do is look at you and you give us a deep belly giggle. Gosh I love you so. 

Here is a peek into her world at 3 months:
  • You have mastered tummy time, but that's not new news. You are now rolling over (December 20th to be exact) from tummy to back. You do it right after I place you on your tummy. 
  • You are really starting to drool now and blow bubbles. We definitely need bibs theses days!
  • For a minute there, you were a thumb sucker. I think you may have been mimicking your sister. I was hopeful you would be able to self soothe if and when you needed it, but you my dear love that paci. 
  • You are really starting to discover your voice and squeal in delight. You also coo a ton! If we talk to you, you talk right back as if we are having a conversation. You have 'a-goo' down perfectly. You actually have for some time. I know you will be an early talker as you starting cooing at a week old. You are trying to grow up way before your time!
  • You really have your grip down and love to grab my hair and squeeze me when we cuddle - you are a great cuddler! You can grab your paci, blanket and even toys if are interested, but so far, you mostly just want to cuddle.
  • You are an incredibly strong baby too with your ability to 'stand' when we hold you up, and you attempt to sit up when we are holding you upright in our laps.
  • You are a mommy's girl. You love to be held and in fact fuss most of the time when I put you down. I guess I spoiled you already! So, unless we are playing on the floor or snuggling, you are in the bjorn close to my chest just as you should be. I really wouldn't have it any other way. I've learned to do so much with a baby attached to me.
  • You and Emeline continue to have such a strong bond. The love between you two continues to amaze me everyday. The other night Emeline asked if you could take a bath with her even though it wasn't your bath night and how could I say no to that. This is one of her favorite times of the day - taking a bath with you. You love the bath too and you are really starting to kick and splash about. 
  • Emeline was also the first person to get you to giggle. In fact it was one night when we were watching Emeline play in the bath (January 4th). Now all we have to do is look at you, talk to you or tickle you around your neck or under your chin. It's the sweetest sound to my ears. 
  • You are eating 8 oz every 3-4 hours, sleeping 12 hours a night, is in size 3-6 or 6-12 month clothes and you continue to be growing like a weed. You are so soft and squishy with sweet baby rolls that are to die for. Ah, I could just eat you up.
We love you our sweet Giselle. Always will.

Love you to the moon and back,

Mommy, Daddy and Emeline
(and Oskar and George, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment