Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Monday, March 16, 2015

Giselle is Five Months Old

Dear Giselle, 

I knew this time would pass quickly, but really I had no idea how truly fast it would fly by with two sweet babies. I'm a busy mommy of two and the days are just passing me by so quickly I can hardly blink.  I have savored each moment we spend together and each stage, but somehow I just can't get enough of you.  You and your sister are my world.  And I am yours. 

Here's a peek into your world at 5 months old:

  • You are now either a side sleeper or a tummy sleeper.  When I lay you down in your crib for 'night night time', you immediately roll over and start sucking your wubbanub (you are addicted to that thing!) and soon after, you are fast asleep.  The first time I found you sleeping on your tummy, my heart skipped a beat and I quickly rolled you over onto your back.  Immediately, you rolled right back onto your tummy and I realized that you are alright, you are safe and it's okay for you to roll about in your crib as you please.  You do sleep more soundly this way.  
  • You are a little spoiled my dear.  You love to be carried and I carry you around or wear you in the baby carrier everywhere I go.  You are most content with me.   
  • When we lay you down on the floor to play with your toys, you have learned to scoot forward or backward and turn side to side.  By scooting, you can get to where you want to go and grab that toy that was just out of reach. 
  • Your hand eye coordination has really drastically improved this month.  You are into everything already.  Reaching and grabbing for anything in my hands, anything in close reach and anything you may want to reach for.  I had forgotten how quickly you babies reach this stage. 
  • You found your piggies at 4 months and now at 5 months, you just can't stop sucking on those sweet toes of yours.  Changing your diaper is quite the challenge these days when I have to steal your legs to put your diaper back on.  
  • You live for your routine.  Mimi has watched you a couple of times now and really there is no need for me to write down your routine for her.  You eat and nap at basically the same time every day.  You are such an easy baby, albeit a little fussy when not being held, but we are truly blessed. 
  • You are eating 4-5  8 oz bottles a day.  
  • And at 5 1/2 months, we started you on homemade pureed foods. It was time to drop a bottle and the formula was just not cutting it. You were one hungry growing girl! We, along with Dr. S decided it's best if we skip rice or oat cereal (both cause constipation and you don't need them anyway) and we decided to move straight veggies. We started with avocado and got some really great faces out of you when the avocado got stuck at the roof of your month. We all got a good laugh out of it! 
  • You take 3 naps a day and the length always varies (30 min - 1.5 hours), but you seem to take your longest nap in the morning exactly 2 hours from when you wake up.  All your naps are exactly 2 hours after you wake up from the last. 
  • Our bath routine is much the same except I added toys and bubbles to make it more fun and more of a sensory experience for you.  You love both, but still just really love to splash about!
  • Bedtime is at 7:30 sharp these days and our bedtime routine is much the same with family story time before we kiss your sweet lips goodnight. 
My sweet love, I so enjoy our quiet time together when I can soak up your sweet cuddles and breath in your baby scent. Oh how I wish I could bottle that scent up forever - your scent, plus lotion, plus formula and a little tee-tee is heaven sent to any momma. You'll get it someday. 

You are our world,

Mommy, Daddy and Emeline
(and Oskar and George too)

No comments:

Post a Comment