Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Josephine is 3 Months Old

Dear Josephine,

You have been in our arms for ¼ of a year already. I’ll never understand how time is passing by so quickly, but I fully understand how you fit so perfectly in our lives and our family. The girls and I love counting your firsts and celebrating all of your special milestones alongside you. It’s such a blessing to be able to share that with them as they are growing up too. Your sisters adore you. Every single little ounce of you. You are constantly being kissed, cuddled and having your hand held. It warms my heart so. Your eyes brighten and your face is beaming with that beautiful wide grin of yours, when your sisters enter the room to see you. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again – you precious one, are the heart of our family. Our day starts and ends with loving on you. You are precious, you are dear and you are loved. You, Josephine are the perfect addition to our family.

Here’s a peek into your world at 3 months old:

·      You are now rocking tummy time and can fully lift your head and chest. Soon you will be rolling over!
·      You are officially a giggler! You get these laughing fits and it doesn’t matter what we say, you think it’s funny and will laugh out loud in the sweetest little laugh I’ve ever heard.  
·      You are a talker when spoken to. You love to coo, say ‘ah-goo’ and ‘ah-boo’ by repeating us. You are trying to have a full on conversation with us already. We are ready to welcome our 3rd little chatter box to the family!
·      You are smiling all the time. One look your way and you are beaming. It makes us giggle every time.
·      You have found your hands and are so fascinated by them. You just move them around and stare at them for minutes at a time. These moments of  you discovering you are dear to us all.  
·      You have finally found your toys on your bouncer and started playing with them and also bating at the toys on your tummy time mat.
·      This month we introduced to you the baby seat where you can sit supported and play with your toys. You love it and it makes you feel like a big girl!
·      You have yet to take interest in picking up any toys, but you do love to pick up and chew on your clothes or your blankets.
·      You are officially following mommy around the room with your head. It amazes me how far you can turn and follow me. We play games with it and you just smile and gaze at me while I work around the kitchen.
·      You are officially a thumb sucker. I was really hoping you would follow Giselle and love the paci, but nope. You wanted nothing to do with it from the beginning. It really is precious when I check in on you sleeping and you have your sweet thumb in your mouth.
·      You are officially mommy’s girl. You will only fall asleep on my chest. When you are fussy, you want to be close to my heart just like big sister Giselle did. You still rarely fuss, but I am your safe place when you do.
  • You are eating 6 oz every 3 hours.
  • Some nights you sleep all night and some nights you are awake all night. You are definitely not my best sleeper!
  • You are officially out of newborn clothes and into 0-3 month clothes and in size 1 or 2 diapers. You are in between sizes really. You have sweet baby cheeks that are to die for. Ah, I could just eat you up. You are so beautiful…

We love you our sweet Josephine. Always will.

Love you to the moon and back,

Mommy, Daddy, Emeline and Giselle,
(and Oskar and George, too!)




No comments:

Post a Comment