Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Friday, July 22, 2011

Meet Bella from Bullard, TX

This was right after I found her.  She loves my outdoor love seat!

And this was right after she woke up this morning.  She looks much happier, right?
Here is Bella's story:

Yesterday, I woke up about 8:45am and as I was getting out of bed I heard a dog squeal.  It was a startling cry telling you that something is wrong.  The cries sounded like they were coming from my front yard or at least very close by.  I knew my neighbors dogs were outside, so I quickly jumped up and ran outside to check on them.  Hobby and George were happy and excited to see me and my boys, so I knew it wasn’t them.  Then, Oskar ran to the side of the house and started sniffing in the direction of the front yard.  I thought little about it other than maybe someone was walking by at the time.  We went back inside and I went about my day.  I heard the cries a couple other times, but just thought Jenni had another dog over at her house that day.  I packed up Oskar and George and we left the house around 12:30pm and didn’t get back home until 5:00pm.  As I was driving home, I noticed an old man standing in the center of the cul-de-sac just staring out into the street.  He struck me as very odd and out of place, so as I was driving into my driving way, I was focused on him.  I looked up and saw what I thought was a dog sitting in my front yard.   I had to do a double before I actually realized there was a dog sitting in my front yard.  Then it all clicked – this sweet puppy has been in my front yard since this morning just waiting on me to save her.  I immediately got out of the car and slowly walked over to her.  As I walked up, I gently put my hand out to see if she was afraid of me and she just kissed me! She was weak, so I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder as I carried her to the backyard.  This is where she tugged at my heart strings and I realized I have to take care of this precious puppy until I find her home.
It looks like her name tag was removed and all that is left is her rabies vaccination tag.  So, Kris and I realize she was abandoned… Her rabies tag says she is from Bullard, TX and I’ve called twice to get a hold of this animal hospital and no luck so far.  In the meantime, I named her Bella because Kris has always loved the name Bella.  She knows her name now, by the way and it fits her.  She’s just so loving and sweet.  Bella knows me as mom already and doesn’t want to leave my side.  She is not even a year old and is a Labrador mix.  Bella is just a puppy, so full of life and eager to learn.  She is a very gentle and kind soul, ready to please her owner.  She’s a puppy, so she is playful, but she also knows when it’s time to relax and she quickly lies down.  Bella needs a home that can provide lots of TLC and one-on-one attention.  She would make a great companion for someone who is single, but she would also be an amazing family dog.  If you are interested in adopting this sweet puppy or know someone who may be interested, please email me @ ashleydsimpson@gmail.com.  Let's find Bella a forever home!

UPDATE:

I took Bella to the vet on Saturday (after she tore up my carpet), because Kris and the boys were ready for Bella to go home.  I wanted to take her in just to make sure she didn't have a micro chip and if she did, we could easily find her owners.  Well, it turns out she didn't have a chip that the vet could find, but our vet tech was able to finally get a hold of the vet in Bullard, TX that Bella had visited.  Come to find out, Bella was there just a couple of days ago, did get micro chipped and was updated on all of her vaccines.  We then found out Bella's name is Blackie and she is somewhere between 14 weeks and 6 months old.  I still think she is a bit older because all of her adult teeth are in, but no one knows for certain.  Our vet tech got Bella’s owners phone number from the vet, gave them a call and they actually answered.  Wow, what a huge relief at that moment!  We soon learned the owners found Bella abandoned only a week ago (hence why I thought she was abandoned), and they rescued her.  The vet tech proceeded to swap our numbers, the owners and mine and got the owners address so I could drop Bella off later that day.  Here is where the story gets good!  The owner of Bella gave my next door neighbor's address and it was Rusty and Jenni’s!  Rusty and Jenni were out of town at the time and Rusty's sister was house sitting for them.  Turns out, it was Rusty's sister that rescued Bella!  The funny part is, I sent Jenni a photo of Bella as soon as I found her to see if Jenni recognized the dog.  She didn't because she didn't even know Rusty's sister had a dog! SURPRISE! 

Blackie is home now to her new family and with the help of some obedience training; she will make a wonderful family dog.  I just hope she lives a happy, healthy life and that her family truly loves her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment