Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Friday, October 14, 2011

Drum Roll, Please...

I'd like to introduce to you...

Our Profile Book!! 
Tip: If you click on each page it englarges the page so you can actually read it!

Take a peek and let us know what you think.  I wish there was an easier way to show everyone our book, but they are being printed now and are soon on their way to our caseworker.  That means we won't even get our hands on one, but that's okay.  The books will be in good hands just waiting for the right birth family to come along and take a peek of their own. 

I will say, the time, effort and thought that went into creating this book was endless.  I can't tell you how many times I have read each word and examined each picture to make sure it portrayed exactly who we are.  To say it is a relief to have our book completed is an understatement.  I can't even put into words the weight that was lifted off my shoulders knowing this little 28 page book is behind us and officially ready for a birth family to 'meet' us.  Kris and I love our profile book so very much and we will treasure it always.  This book represents who we are individually and as a family and it captures our life perfectly.  It's a gift; a gift that we received by choosing adoption. The first of many... 

If you are reading this and in the process of a domestic adoption, I highly recommend Carrie Zuber to help you create your own profile book.  She owns a company called Reflections and she creates Adoption and Life Profile Books.  She's amazing at what she does and needs very little direction to capture who you are in the design of her pages.  She's extremely creative and no detail is overlooked.  I have to say, working with her was the easiest and most pleasant experience we have had so far in our adoption process.  Our caseworker told Carrie that our book was her best work yet and it would be hard to top.  I’m just so grateful I found Carrie, because without her, our book would have been some heart-felt words and pictures, nothing more.


1 comment: