Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Orleans - A City Like No Other


Kris and I chose to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary in New Orleans.  Both of us have been before, but never together.  Many of you just think of Bourbon Street when you think of New Orleans (at least my parents do) and let me tell you – it is so much more than that.  NOLA is a city rich in culture and history, so full of life and the people who live there are proud of who they are and their city.  It’s a sense of pride that Kris and I have never witnessed anywhere else we’ve visited.  There is music on every street corner, people dancing in the streets and who could forget the amazing food and my personal favorite, the shopping.  We had an amazing time getting to know the city together.  We’ll be back, many, many times more.  What can I say; their way of life is contagious.
My gorgeous flowers from my groom.

I really love this building.  There is so much character in every structure in New Orleans.

I squatted down in the middle of the street with people surrounding me to get this one. I'm actually surprised it came out.

A very romantic dinner at Commander's Palace in the Garden District.

We didn't stay here, but we went to the Carousel Bar in the hotel. It really is a carousel and you sit in a bar seat and circle around the bartenders. Really neat concept. We loved it and stayed too long!

The gorgeous Jackson Square. We got sandwiches from a locals hot spot and had a picnic in the park. It really is a romantic city.


We actually found someone who knew how to use our camera!

This is my favorite picture from the trip. It looks like a drawing.

Everywhere you go there is jazz. I couldn't get enough!

At the lover's table for our jazz brunch.

Kris walking the French Quarter.

Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar is the oldest bar in the United States!

Happy People!

The bar was built between 1722 and 1732 and escaped two huge fires due to it's slate roof. It's still standing and thriving today.

Kris enjoying tapas and beer on a patio on Magazine St in the Garden District.

Magazine St was my favorite, great shopping and lots of character and charm.

THIS is New Orleans in one photo.

Music on every corner.

Streets so full of life...

People dancing...

And of course, jazz.

Royal Street

Beautiful view from our hotel - The Omni Royal Orleans. Great location, great service and beautiful rooms. We'll stay there again!

Wedding March - I love watching these. I hope one of our friends gets married in NOLA. I want to be part of one.

I love this one. This is the backside of our hotel. Got this idea from a photo book we have except he shot this idea in a parking garage using light poles.

And that wraps up our trip.  I had a wonderful time celebrating 3 happy years of marriage with the man of my dreams.  We escaped our adoption and work stresses, made some unforgettable memories together and discovered one of our new favorite places to visit.  I foresee many weekend trips to New Orleans in our future.

1 comment:

  1. This post brings back so many memories. I was born in New Orleans and lived there until our big move to Texas. I miss Commander's Palace, that was our Sunday brunch spot.

    Happy Anniversary!

    Oh and what kind of camera do you have? We're in the market for a new one.

    ReplyDelete