Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

'Good Happens'


Yesterday, while driving home from a good day, I spotted a bumper sticker that said ‘Good Happens’.

Those two simple words spoke volumes to me.

And my heart just sank.

I realized I’ve been living in a world where I’ve been focusing on the negative, anticipating the bad and overlooking all the good even if it only comes in microscopic doses. 

The truth is, ‘good happens’.  It happens every day even in and out of our darkest moments.  It’s all around us.  Some of us chose not to see it, not to celebrate the small victories, but I’m making a new promise to myself. 

I vow to no longer live in fear, no longer wait for the bad, but anticipate all the good moments and the joy that comes even amidst our biggest struggles.  There is always beauty in the calm before the storm and there will always be beauty after the storm passes.

“May God give you...

For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

2 comments: