Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Sunday, August 12, 2012

2 Months Old

Dear Emeline,

Wow, when people say children grow up way too fast, they mean it.  In a blink of an eye, you are out of the newborn stage and are a full blown baby who coos, laughs and giggles.  You my dear, have brought more joy to our life than we ever envisioned and that joy only continues to grow with each passing day.  Daddy and I believe it is the greatest honor to be chosen as your parents.  We cherish every second we spend with you; hoping to never forget these tender moments.  We have been blessed beyond measure and never in my wildest dreams did I think we would raise a baby as special and unique as you.  And here you are...

Still making our every dream come true.

Daddy and I still spend most of our quiet moments taking you all in.  Every day you get more and more beautiful as you grow.  And every day, you change as you learn something new about our world.  And of course, it goes with out saying, but every day we feel like we couldn't possibly love you any more.

Here is what you have been up to at 2 months new:



  • Tummy time... Well lets just put it lightly - you hate it.  We still do it every day, but you last about a minute and you aren't so happy.  Mommy is not going to give up though!  I still have hope you will grow to love it.  You may not be a fan, but you can lift your head and chest.  
  • You are smiling ALL the time now.  I just have to look at you, smile and you give me a huge gummy smile complete with dimples that just makes me melt every single time. 
  • Cooing - My little love, you have discovered your voice and you want to be heard!  We have been told by your doctor that you are a very social baby.  I never thought of a baby being social, but it describes you perfectly.  Dr. S was trying to listen to your heartbeat and you just kept talking and smiling away at her.  Daddy and I couldn't help but chuckle.  She said she was lucky she didn't have to give you your shots because you made her heart melt.  Our favorite moments of every day are sitting with you propped up on our knees and we just talk.  We tell you something, pause to give you a chance to be heard and you talk right back.  Daddy and I think you will be quite the conversationalist.  
  • You are really trying to giggle now.  You have entered the copycat phase, so we giggle and you try your very best to mimic.  You have a very deep giggle, that only comes out when you breathe out.  It will be no time before you get it down perfectly! 
  • You have learned how to grab things now.  One of your favorite things is your wubba nub (paci with stuffed animal on the end).  We were all outside while Daddy was grilling and you picked up your wubba nub and put his tail in your mouth!  It was pretty funny.  Since then, you are able to grab most of your toys I put in front of you.  
  • Every once in a while we hear this squeal and it scares all of us, even you.  I've since learned it is your 'squeal in delight'.  
  • Your legs continue to get stronger every day and you still love to stand.  Only now, you really put weight down and can support yourself while you are propped up on our knees without Daddy or I holding you up.  We are amazed by your leg strength.  Oh and if you are fussy, we stand you up and you are once again a happy baby. 
  • It's evident now that you know your name (although you have many nicknames that I won't divulge to the world) and you do respond to mommy's voice. I can call your name and you will turn to face me.  I really noticed this as I was taking your two month pictures and I needed to you face the window!  
  • At a whopping two months, you do have a favorite song.  After all, you do love music!  And your favorite song - 'Glass' by Thompson Square. Mommy loves it too, especially the meaning behind it and the metaphor between glass and love.  If you get fussy in the car, I tell you I'm going to put on your favorite song and after the first couple of cords, you recognize it and are soothed!  The cd remains in my car and the song on repeat, but we haven't grown tired of it yet! 
  • Bath time has turned into Mommy and Eme bath time.  You and I get into our jacuzzi tub, fill it up and let you float around before we lather you up.  Daddy is there too to help and be a part of what is becoming one of my favorite times of the day (still every other day though).  You absolutely love this version of bath time!  You float and kick about and have this very peaceful happy look on your face.  
  • Naps have been our biggest struggle to date, but we are still working hard on them.  You take a 30-45 minute nap every 2 hours and that usually equates to 4-5 naps a day.  You should be down to 3 naps a day for about an hour, but we are making progress!  It sure beats the 15 minute naps in the past! 
  • You still remain a good sleeper at night.  We spoke to Dr. S about your sleeping habits and she made sure to tell me not to tell my friends. Too late, it's a mother's right to brag about her baby!  We worked too hard to get our babies into this world (no matter if we gave birth or not!).  You go to sleep between 8-9 (closer to 8 these days), wake up around 4am for a feed or just to be soothed and about 15 minutes later you are back into a slumber until about 7-7:30 - just in time for Daddy to love on you  before he leaves for work.  Dr. S believes at 4am if we let you cry for 15-20 minutes you will go back to sleep on your own, but I'm not ready for that and if I know you at all, it won't work.  You do wake up throughout the night, make a couple of sounds and go back to sleep on your own a minute later, so I know if you wake up crying, you need/want something bad.  
  • You are eating 4oz every 2-3 hours - about 6 bottles a day.  You can be happy, happy, happy and then all of a sudden start screaming for that bottle.  You are a baby who knows what she wants when she wants it!  We have to anticipate you getting hungry and get the bottle ready beforehand, because you don't quite understand patience just yet! You are starting to understand the word 'bottle', so you calm down a bit when we talk to you about making your bottle as we do so.  You are a fast learner! 
Two Month Stats:
11 lbs 14oz (56%)
23" long (67%)

You are officially out of newborn clothes and we made the switch to size 1 diapers at week 7.



Here we are at your 2 month doctor visit. 






Happy baby before your shots.  


You did amazingly well as you got your shots.  You were shocked and you cried for as long as it took the nurse to give them to you, but as soon as I picked you up, you were fine.  The rest of the day, you were a bit sleepy, but not fussy at all.  We were very fortunate.  


You are obsessed with your mobile. 


This is what you do after every nap.  You wake up happy, refreshed and ready to take in something new.  And it always starts with your mobile!


Our 2 month old beauty.


Your eyes make me melt every time I look into them. 


You have gorgeous eyes and although we are unsure of the color (blue, green or hazel), you receive compliments on your eyes every where we go.  They are the first thing people notice about you!




Happy baby!








All of your favorite toys at 2 months old. 


And your favorite thing to do - suck on those scrumptious, fingers, fists or knuckles!  Sometimes you even go for both hands!



Emeline, you are our greatest joy and we look forward to each new and exciting day with you.  Each moment is a blessing that we thank God for daily. 

We love you to pieces,

Mommy and Daddy
(and Oskar and George too)

No comments:

Post a Comment