Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Emeline's 1st Road Trip

Well, besides her trip home from the hospital from Dallas to Houston at 5 days new!

This past weekend my dad and Kris headed to my dad's deer lease to prepare for the upcoming deer season.  Kris is a guest on my dad's lease, so he tagged along to help all the guys.  Kris didn't want Emeline and I to be alone and I wanted to get the heck out of Houston, so my mom, Emeline and I took a trip to Austin.  We stayed at the Lakeway Resort and Spa, where Kris and I stay pretty much stay every time we go to Austin and it's also where we stayed during our wedding weekend.  It was the perfect place to take Emeline for her very first trip to the city in Texas that holds such a special place in our heart.  After all, Austin is where we met, fell in love and married.

Kris, I and Emeline drove to Austin together and met up with my mom and dad in Bee Cave.  From there the boys made the 3 hour trek to the deer lease and mom and I headed out for our mother/daughter weekend.

We all had a wonderful time together and I really do think as hard as it was for Kris and I to leave each other and for daddy to leave his precious Emeline for the first time, it was good for us all.  After all, 'distance makes the heart grow fonder' or as Kris said, 'distance makes the love grow stronger' (he forgot the quote, but I like his version better!).  On Sunday, Kris and I were so excited to see one another and we missed each other so much.  We don't get to 'miss' each other anymore and it was such a sweet moment when we were all together again.


We started Friday off with lunch at the Oasis.  By the looks of it, I think Em enjoyed lunch too!



Emeline's love note to daddy on Friday afternoon. 


And later Emeline took a nap back at the hotel before meeting my friend Becky at Z Tejas for dinner. 


Our view for the weekend!  The weather was gorgeous!
Mommy Kisses


and more mommy kisses...


and lots of Grammy snuggles filled Emeline's weekend.






On Saturday, we headed out to lunch with Dani, Tye and Weston. 






After we said goodbye, Mom, Emeline and I spent the day shopping at the Domain. 


And that evening, we visited Mr. and Mrs. Wrigley - great family friends. 


Sunday morning before meeting up with Daddy and Poppa. 


Eme snuggles are the absolute best!


Celebrating Emeline's 2 month birthday at Salt Lick before heading home. 


Happy 2 month birthday to the greatest joy of our life. 
I pretty sure Emeline shares our love of travel.  She was the most perfect baby the entire time we were away from home.  She was so happy and just went along with whatever mom and I had planned.  Next trip is Colorado at the end of the month!  I think she enjoyed her first trip to Austin.  What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment