Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

9 Months Old

Dear Emeline,

While I have enjoyed every single month; every single stage of your life, I have to say that 9 months is my absolute favorite so far.  You have officially become your own Emeline - silly, independent, sweet, loving, active and tenacious.  Oh baby, we just love you so much I can't stand it.  And Daddy and I adore the little lady you have become.

Here is a peek into your world at 9 months old:



  • Well, soon after you started pulling up on everything in sight, you started cruising.  I have to say, you are really quick when you want to be cruising down the couch or coffee table.  Now that you are crawling, pulling up and cruising, you are into everything!  Momma's beat chasing you, but that's okay, we have fun!
  • You LOVE to dance.  When a song comes on, your booty starts moving!  You bounce, wave your hands and clap, all with a huge smile on your face. 
  • As you've gotten older, you've started to get more and more cuddly and loving.  You give the best hugs - I mean, you really hug.  The tight you-never-want-to-let-go kind of hug.  And your kisses... Well, they are just as sweet as ever.  Still mouth wide open.  You used to be very picky on who you gave your kisses too, but not any more. You especially love to kiss your cousin, Mila.  
  • You finally decided to pick up your walker that Grandma Belinda and Grandpa Allan got you for Christmas and use it the way it was intended.  You can push it and walk all around the house now.  You love it and are quite fast!
  • You love your toys now more than ever.  Momma went a little crazy toy shopping this month, but we had fun picking them out together.  I think your favorite of the moment is the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Musical Mirror.  It has 'make-up' toys, a bracelet and brush - all little things you like to keep in your hands as you crawl around and explore.   
  • Speaking of exploring - that is definitely your favorite activity these days.  You never sit still.  There is always something new to find and discover in your world!
  • You love peek-a-boo and to be scared.  We get the biggest smiles and giggles from you when we play.
  • You also love when we chase after you or pretend like we are going to come and get you and tickle you.  I do this every morning when you wake up and you get so excited and start bouncing up and down and reaching out for me. 
  • I can't remember if it was Grammy or Daddy, but one of them started flipping you upside down and then back up again.  You LOVE it.  If we do it only once, you lean back to tell us 'more, more, more'!
  • Last month you learned to clap and now, your favorite song is "If Your Happy And You Know It".  You clap on cue every time.  It's my favorite distraction during diaper changes. 
  • Your babbling just keeps progressing.  You can say - 'daddy', 'da-da', 'bye-bye', 'bottle', 'hi', 'hey', 'bubba' and my personal favorite - 'nay-nay'.  You still can't say ma-ma, so you call me 'nay-nay'.  It still makes me laugh.  If you are upset you can say ma-ma, but you won't say it any other time.  You say and babble da-da ALL THE TIME.  The other words you say, like bye-bye, bottle and bubba are all pretty much on command or words you have mimicked.  'Hi' and 'hey' were your first words, so you've got those down, but only say it when you want to.  You have told both dogs and babies 'hi' on your very own.  Momma was so proud.  You have also learned to babble 'va va va'. 
  • I guess around 8 months I really started telling you 'no' when you got into something you weren't supposed to.  It didn't take long and you learned to shake your head 'no'.  You shake your head 'no' to EVERYTHING.  I don't think you know what it means when you shake your head 'no', but it is so cute and always good for a laugh.  If we or really anyone asks or simply tells you anything at all, you shake your head 'no'. It's hilarious.  
  • Another fun quirk of yours is - you are obsessed with mouths.  I think it's your way of getting to know someone.  You reach for someone's mouth if you are meeting them for the first time or if you don't know them well.  Sometimes you even put your hand inside, but that's only family.  I've seen you put your entire hand in Daddy's mouth once.  I always joke you are 'looking for cavities'.  Future dentist maybe??
  • And on that topic, you now have 5 teeth.  I read that once a baby has 4 or more teeth you should start brushing them.  You went from 2 to 5 teeth this month, so we started and you are obsessed.  You get so excited when I put the toothpaste on the toothbrush and you actually sit still while I brush your teeth.  I think you'd stay for as long as I wanted if I kept brushing. 
  • You now eat finger foods only and 3 times a day.  You are very independent too.  You only want to feed yourself.  Your ability to pinch and pick up your food with your pointer finger and thumb really amazes me.  You can pick up even the smallest foods like cottage cheese.  
  • This month, you started drinking from a sippy cup.  We are still working on water out of a sippy, but you definitely take your formula from a sippy.  I try and replace one bottle a day with a sippy cup and you don't even notice. Time to start completely weaning you from the bottle!
  • We started teaching you sign language this month and you are picking up on it so fast!  We are teaching you eat, more, all done, milk, and water.  There are others like, happy, hurt, mommy, daddy, grandma, grandpa, bath, diaper and bed that I work on with you, but not as frequent as the others.  I don't want to overwhelm you.  So far, you can sign 'all done' and 'milk'.  You have your own version of 'all done' and it's adorable - you basically open and close both hands instead of turning them forward and backwards. 
  • Your nap schedule remains the same, but I think you are starting to get ready to drop that afternoon nap.  Some days you don't take one, some days you take a 30 minute nap and some days you take a 2 hour afternoon nap.  I'm hoping to keep it for a little while longer. 
  • You continue to be an excellent sleeper - 7:30 pm - 8:00 am.
  • You are still in size 6-12 month or 9 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
  • You weigh 18 lbs 2 oz (28%) - your weight gain started to slow after you became mobile.  I think you even lost some weight you are so active!
  • Your height is 28" (53%)
My heart is full.

You simply amaze us,

Mommy and Daddy
(Oskar and George too)  
Play date with your buddy, Elora. 


First trip to the Houston Rodeo.  You were startled for the first time in your life by this pig.  And guess what?  You scream like a man when you are startled too; just like your momma!


Best $7 ever spent. 







Right after your bath, you crawled back in the bathroom telling us you were ready for another.  Still loving bath time!


Walking like a big girl 


An Eme selfie. 

Story time with Daddy


Meeting the Easter Bunny for the first time.  I fully expected you to cry, but you were just so perplexed by him.  Adorable...




Family trip to Galveston. 


You love the water. 


Finding Baby's Easter eggs. 


You and I did a little photo shoot of our own for once :)


And I think we will try it again and again, cause you rocked it!







Celebrating your 1st Easter with the family. 


See.  You love your Mila. 




You kept kissing her over and over and I started to feel sorry for Mila :)




Sweet cousins. 


'Mom, I just love her.'


Family Easter picture.


Grammy likes to toss you around and get you all excited.  I guess that's what Grammy's are for. 




Watching the rain. 













Grammy has taught you how to put on lipstick.  Each time she applies, she shares with you.  You know how to open your mouth and sometimes you even press your lips together after.  I think Daddy and I are raising a girlie-girl. 


Playing with Poppa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment