Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Sunday, May 12, 2013

11 Months Old

Dear Emeline,

One more month and you will become a full blown toddler.  Crazy.  I used to say I'm not ready, but I see this glimmer in your eye as you learn and discover something new and I know how happy that makes you.  And no matter what, when you are happy, we are happy.  As you get older, you get more and more fun (as if that's possible).  You are such a bright ball of energy; always on the move and always smiling.  I still wake up every day so thankful for this gift to be your Mommy and I still can't believe God blessed us so abundantly with such a perfect baby.  You are our world.  Our family and your happiness is all that matters.  

Here is a peek into your world at 11 months old:
  • You will become an official walker any day now.  You can take two, three and four steps.  And like I said before your face lights up and you are so incredibly proud of yourself.  And we are such proud parents. 
  • Each day you are such a busy explorer, always on-the-go exploring every single detail around you.  You love to pick up strings, grass, and mulch - really whatever you find on the ground and hand it to mommy.  Thanks for helping mommy clean up after your brothers!
  • You love rock music.  The harder, the better.  I remember one day at Freebirds you were jamming out to some hard rock, head banging and all.  Silly, silly girl...
  • Now that the Texas heat has officially begun, we spend more time in the water.  You are already obsessed!  We took you to the beach not intending or prepared for you to get in the ocean, but the second you saw it, you crawled as fast as possible to get in those waves.  I've never seen you happier.  You also love to splash in your baby pool.  I foresee many a day in the pool every summer. 
  • When we say 'oh-no' you put your hands on top of your head, smile from ear-to-ear and shake your head no.  It's hilarious!
  • After some practice, you can put the corresponding shapes inside their cutouts on your walker and you also put the balls inside their holes too.  Now if we could just get you to stack your animals... Maybe next month!
  • I'm pretty sure you are more vocal than most babies at this age.  You babble constantly!  Maybe you will be an early talker?  Or maybe you already are!  You can say - hi, hey, mama, dada, daddy, dad, bubba, night night, bye-bye and baby.  You are incredibly good at mimicking what we say and you have said people's names, Baylor for your new babysitter, bottle and I know there are others I just can't recall right now.  
  • Speaking of mimicking... Gosh, since you were about 7 months old, you have been so quick to understand what we are doing with our mouths and you have mimicked kissing, clicking your tongue, blotting your lips after you apply your pretend lipstick, and many other noises with your mouth.  
  • Lately you have really been responding well to what I ask of you.  When I tell you no, you shake your head no and sometimes stop what you are doing, when I tell you 'shh' you put your finger up to your mouth and try and make a 'shh' sound, when I tell you to hand me something, you do.  We are starting discipline early since you are busy-active-into-everything kind of baby.  
  • Your have mastered your signs and use them when I ask you if you want something.  You use them to tell me something even when I haven't acknowledged that need.  We are really communicating on many levels now.  And I don't think the signs have hindered your ability to speak either.  I hear you trying to say the words sometimes too.  Most of the time it's just baby babbling, but you sure are trying.  We are now working on your manners in sign language.  First up - thank you! 
  • You are now drinking water from all sippy cups - even the ones with straws.  Oh and you do not like help.  You are very independent and only like to hold the cup yourself. 
  • You drink 3-8 oz bottles a day, 3 finger food meals and 2 snacks.  We still can't believe how great of an eater you are.  You sure do love your food!  I've also noticed your appetite really increasing lately.  We can't leave the house without snacks!
  • You sleep from 8:00 pm-8:00 am.  We pushed bed time back a little just because we want to enjoy more time with you in the evenings - especially Daddy.  Your nap schedule is still the same.  Your morning nap is anywhere between 45 min to an hour and a half. Your afternoon nap is between 1 and 2 hours.
  • You are still in size 6-12 month clothes; sometimes 12-18 month clothes and size 4 diapers
Things really did change for the better when we brought you home.  One day I'll write you a letter on all the many life lessons you have already taught us.  Thank you for making my world a better place and me a better person.

You're the one we've always wished for,
Mommy and Daddy
(Oskar and George too)



































No comments:

Post a Comment