Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday, George!

Ever since Emeline arrived, George's world was rocked a bit.  You see, he is and always will be the baby in the family.  This dog loves to be babied like no other I've seen.  He often plays the 'baby card' as we say, when he can and snuggles in for cuddles and kisses in the most inopportune times.  Don't think for one second this dog has been forgotten or gets any less attention than he used to - he is a part of everything we do and we have Mommy George-y time often.  One of my favorite moments of every day is when we get in bed at night and he snuggles in just perfectly next to my stomach.  No one can cuddle like George can.  He's the ultimate cuddler and the sweetest dog I've ever loved. 

George loves toys - all of his toys, but his favorite continues to be his beloved Mr. Squirrel. Oskar and now Emeline are his best friends.  The loyalty and love this dog shows our family is pretty remarkable.  Oskar is our protector and George is our lover.  George has a huge heart and incredible patience.  Both of which are characteristics that have made him Emeline's best bud.  I think George is the reason why she loves dogs so much.  Don't get me wrong, she loves Oskar too and chases him around giggling, but he's just not as patient and forgiving as her baby George. 

Emeline, my mom and I took George out for his birthday traditions and it was quite funny to compare the way Oskar acted verses George on the same doggy adventure.  At the bakery, Oskar was so excited he pooped on the floor (it's kind of a problem of his - no stories needed), but other than that he was perfect.  George was a well-behaved calm dog outside of the home, but at home he is the louder of the two.  At the dog park, Oskar stayed with Emeline and I a bit and we all sat on a blanket and played, but as soon as I told him to go play, he was off.  George on the other hand, never left my side and just posed for my pictures (that's my boy!).  I guess my point is, George doesn't know a life outside of Oskar and they rarely (as you can imagine) spend time apart, so George didn't know what to do without his brother there.  Poor guy, I guess from now on I'll have to make a point and bring both dogs for George's birthday celebrations. 

Baby George, we love you to pieces and you are such an important part of our family.  My days would never be complete without your love.  Happy 5th Birthday baby boy!






















1 comment:

  1. You have described our two Mini-Schnauzers to a T! My baby Dodger is just like George, and our girl, Lilly Belle, is just like Oskar! Love reading about all three of your babies! :)

    ReplyDelete