Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Giselle is Eight Months Old

Dear Giselle,

Gosh, this month you really turned a page and grew up even faster on me. In one short little month, you became mobile and you began to really communicate with us. My little baby girl is learning, thriving and growing up ever so quickly. With each day that passes, my love for you grows and we become more bonded than ever. You're my sweet little blue-eyed buttercup who I just adore in every way. 

Here's a peek into your world at 8 months old:


  • You have learned to clap now and you understand when it is appropriate.  You clap for yourself when you do something new, when you are proud of you, when one of us says 'yay' anytime, when your sister does something silly or when Mommy or Daddy do something you like - you clap for it all. That's a lot of clapping in one day!
  • You are now crawling! After you learned how to crawl, you quickly mastered it. You are so fast especially when you are crawling to something or someone you are excited to see. You are a baby on a mission! This has opened your world up to so many new discoveries as you crawl to touch and experience new things. Mostly your sister's toys. I guess after all, you prefer her big girl toys instead of those silly baby toys I've been placing in front of you. 
  • I was cleaning your room one day while you were playing in your crib and I look up to your bright beaming face and you were standing! You pulled yourself right up and you were so very proud of your newest accomplishment. Our hearts of course sank because you grew up just a little bit more. I thought this was going to be a new normal, so immediately I made your Daddy pull out the tools and lower the crib for you. And you haven't done it since... You fooled us! But I will never forget the proud look on your face when you did it. Sweetest glimmer in your eyes. 
  • You are both signing and saying 'more' during feeding time. I even caught it on video! We were all so proud of you and couldn't believe that word popped out of your mouth at such a young age. 
  • Your third tooth popped in this month and it was your first top tooth. You handled this one like a champ!
  • You love every food and are now feeding yourself finger foods and drinking from a sippy cup on your own. This independence of both you and your sister is something I'm very proud of. I wish you both needed me a little more, but I'm thankful to have fostered this trait in both of you - one that may lead to you wanting my help over needing my help. 
  • You take two naps a day now.  A 1 hour nap 2 hours after you wake up and a 1 or 2 hour nap from 1:30-3:30. I'm so happy and feel much more accomplished now that I have time to tend to my mommy/wife duties while you are napping and sometimes I get in a little 'me' time too. It's wonderful to have a bit of a breather while you and sister sleep at the same time. 
  • You are still eating finger foods 2 times a day and you are eating much more of it.  This last month you dropped 1 nap and 1 bottle - big changes!  3 - 8oz bottles a day for you now and I'm thinking you will start eating food 3 times a day soon.  
  • You continue to sleep from 8:30 am-7:30 pm.  
  • You are in size 12-18 months clothes with growing room and you are still in size 4 diapers. 


  • Baby girl, you are just thriving and growing so fast I can hardly keep up.  Each month I write you these letters, I hope I remember all the important and special moments and milestones to document for me and for you.  I know one day these moments will all be a distant, but cherished memory.  Some Daddy and I may forget and others will feel like yesterday.  Baby, thank you for all of these special moments.  Thank you for making me feel so incredibly loved and admired by you.  I never imagined you would love me so deeply.  

    You fill my heart,

    Mommy, Daddy and Emeline
    (and Oskar and George too)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment