Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Giselle is Nine Months Old

Dear Giselle,

Giselle Laine Simpson, my are you ever loved and cherished sweet girl. Everyone who meets you just falls in love with that sweet cackle and deep giggle of yours. Your eyes melt me and when our eyes meet and I give you a look, you just get me and give me that hilarious cackle of yours. That laugh just seems to melt the woes of the world away and forces me to focus on the blessings right in front of me. You are one of my biggest blessings and always will be. 

I love everything about you, but something I love most is your tenacity for life. You enter a challenge and face it head on. This trait will take you so far in life and I promise to always encourage and foster this characteristic of yours. I believe it will make you someone very special. That plus the way you light up the lives around you with your silliness and your smile. You sure make your mommy and daddy beam.

Here is a peek into your world at 9 months old:


  • We have a little game you and I. Or rather you have a game you play with me. You love getting into the dog bowls and I immediately tell you no, no, no. You listen, get super excited, back away for a second, give me that look and dive right back in for some more fun. And repeat. It's silly and we both get a chuckle, but my point is, you understand the word 'no' and you do actually listen to me. Hooray! Can you please be a better listener than your sister?? 
  • I've really been amazed at what you understand lately. You are really growing up. I can tell you to come here, follow me to another room, hand me a certain toy, etc. and you listen and follow instructions. I think and hope you will aim to please when you are older. Right now, I'm feeling like your listening skills are superb!
  • You stopped pulling up on your crib and since we moved, there aren't a ton of things for you to pull up onto until the furniture arrives, but you are pulling up and getting onto your knees which is promising. You still love to be held and I hold you every second I can, so I may be holding you back a bit, but I'm okay with it. I just want you to stay little. Your sister is so focused on being a big girl that I just want my baby to be a baby. That okay with you?
  • You are now starting to wave, but you are very particular to who you wave at. Meaning you never do it on command. Just when you fancy saying hello or good-bye to someone.
  • You got your second top tooth this month, making that four teeth total. And now you have this adorable gap between your teeth that I just love so much. It melts me too. 
  • You give the best hugs. I mean they are really hugs even with a nice pat on the back at the end. Mommy squeezes you and give you pats on the back for comfort and now, you do it right back to me. Sometimes I think it's also your way of letting me know you need that extra comforting pat on the back. 
  • You love making noises with your mouth and can do them on command. You kiss and click your tongue every time I ask you. Although when we kiss, you still give out the slobbery ones. Sister doesn't appreciate them so much, but I sure do!
  • You really love toys these days and we are having so much fun playing together with Emeline. You even love dress up and get a kick out of seeing yourself in the mirror dressed up. I think you are going to be a total girly-girl too! You love playing with the activity cube, a musical make-up mirror, love story-time (but you are super wiggly), crashing tea parties, swinging outside, eating sister's play food, banging on the drum, eating books and talking on the phone. 
  • Speaking of talking, you are babbling so much lately! Based on your lack of sleep, I think you are about to hit another speech and physical milestone. You should be pulling up soon (again since you regressed) and I'm sure you will add some words to your, 'mama', 'dada', 'hi', 'hey' (in a deep voice), 'okay', 'yes' vocabulary. 
  • That reminds me... Now when we are getting ready to eat, I'll ask you if you would like something and if the answer is yes, you get so excited and shake your head up and down saying emphatically, 'yes'.
  • We've been working on signs, but you are still just signing 'more' and that's totally okay. Sometimes you get so excited that your more is more of a waving your hangs together and we all giggle because you look so silly doing so. 
  • Exploring - that is definitely your favorite activity these days.  You never sit still.  There is always something new to find and discover in your world!
  • You love peek-a-boo and to be scared.  We get the biggest smiles and giggles from you when we play. You also love to be 'thrown' on the bed. I never actually let go, but you love the trill of it. You also love to fall backwards on your own or by me 'pushing' you and you love to throw yourself into my and Mimi's chest. We all get the biggest kick out of it.
  • You now eat finger foods only and 3 times a day.  You are very independent too.  You only want to feed yourself.  Your ability to pinch and pick up your food with your pointer finger and thumb really amazes me.  You can pick up even the smallest foods like cottage cheese.
  • You continue to be a pretty good sleeper although our mornings progressively getting earlier and earlier. Momma's no morning person! You sleep from 8:00 pm - 6:00 am.
  • You are still in size 12-18 month clothes and size 4 diapers.
  • You weigh 21 lbs 3 oz (88%) - your weight gain started to slow after you became mobile.  I think you even lost some weight you are so active.
  • Your height is 29" (88%)
  • Little lady, I am so very proud of you. This month, you took swim lessons and learned if you fell into the water to kick to the surface, turn on your back and kick to the side of the pool. You can then turn, reach to the side, pull yourself up and hold on for dear life until you are rescued. We have a pool now and it was of upmost importance for me to have both of my girls safe around the water. I'm pleased to say you both are! Proud mommy right here! You showed such strength and determination while learning that I was in awe of little you and beaming with pride that you are mine. Both of you showed such intelligence and good listening skills that even the instructed was impressed by you. I couldn't be more proud. 
  • You and Emeline are the very best of friends. In fact she tells me every day. And you idolize her every move. Just promise me you won't copy EVERYthing she does. She's a toddler you know and a force to be reckoned with. But she can teach you some pretty special lessons in life as she is one well mannered, polite and kind little lady. 
This month, we moved into a new home and you were a rockstar. Not once were you shaken from the stresses of moving and the change in scenery or routine. You just went with the flow of life changes and I'm so thankful. We are settled in our new life now in Austin and I know you are really happy here. As are we dear one. As are we... We are very much looking forward to raising you with so much love and happiness in our new home and introducing you to all the fun and adventure our new city has to offer. You make my heart so full Giselle Laine. 


You simply amaze us,

Mommy, Daddy and Emeline
(Oskar and George too) 

No comments:

Post a Comment