Dear Giselle,
Here we are... 15 months now... Daddy and I have been talking and we both agree that this age is our favorite age. You are so sweet and loving and nothing makes us more proud than to see the pride in your eyes as you discover and learn new things. Thankfully, we are blessed enough to teach you new things, support your interests and witness that glimmer in your eyes daily.
You brighten every day with your grin and deep belly giggles. You are mommy’s girl, have a timid side, but also a very silly side if someone new is lucky enough to witness it, have a fierce determination to learn and be big like your big sister, you're a bit clumsy, a walking talking parrot repeating so much of what we say and above all you are loving - so incredibly loving. You will stop what you're doing, run over to us and give us the biggest hugs. Our laps are never empty and my hips seem to always have those sweet chubby legs around them. You still idolize your sister. She’s your absolute best friend. Anything Emeline is doing, you try to mimic. You love playing babies - you're the sweetest little mommy to all of your dolls, always kissing and cuddling them just as we do you. You enjoy swinging and sliding at the park, going on walks, loving on Oskar and George, reading, playing with musical toys, mastering your shape sorter, playing dress-up with Eme and eating - that might be your favorite pastime (still). You have such a kind heart and loving disposition that we know without a shadow of a doubt, you will be an incredible role model and big sister one day. I say that, because this month we submitted our application for our next Baby Simpson! One day, in the not too distant future, you will be a big sister. That baby will be so blessed to have your love and affection one day. I know we are.
Here is a peek into your world from 13 - 15 months old:
- 13 Months, your favorite word was 'happy'. You would say, 'happy', 'happy', 'happy' over and over and over. That heart of yours is pure and joyous always.
- 13 Months - As of December 14, 2 days shy of your 14 month birthday, you became a full fledged walker. A very clumsy walker that is, but an adorable marching baby girl. You have had a few spills, one in particular where your sweet nose kissed the concrete on a walk, but you are okay and have learned your body more and more each day. The doctor said you will be a little clumsy for awhile as you learn how to control your body. You are so tall and top heavy to boot, so it's a little harder for you sweet girl. I do my very best to support and protect you, but you are also striving to be so independent so it's a delicate balance for us both. We've got this!
- 13 Months - you can sign, milk, thank you, please, more, and eat. I think we'll leave it at that, because you are a talking toddler now.
- 13 Months - You met your first crush - he was tall, dark and handsome like daddy. You even blushed when he approached you after noticing you were staring at him. It was hilarious!
- 13 Months -You love princesses and pulled off the most beautiful Cinderella I've ever seen for Halloween.
- 13 Months - You love reading and be read to so much. I often find you sneaking away to your book basket and searching for the perfect read for that moment. When you want me to read to you, you say, 'a book'. We have books in every room and some in the car too because you are always perusing them.
- 13 Months - you yell 'MAMA!' all day every day and honestly there was a time I never thought I would be a mama, so I embrace it and love every single 'mama' that comes out of you and your sister's mouths.
- 13 Months - before you could walk, you grabbed onto my legs and held on for dear life as I walked around the house. I was your walker.
- 14 Months - we celebrated Thanksgiving and your favorite part of the day aside from the yummy food was the Pie In The Face game. We have the cutest video of you getting a 'pie' in the face and you thought it was hilarious. It was.
- 14 Months - You and your sister have been sharing so sweetly. She needs a little talking to every once in awhile, but you share with her every single time. That heart of yours...
- 14 Months - You met Santa and you were terrified. Absolutely terrified. You had hives from crying. Sorry baby...
- 14 Months - We saw lots and lots of Christmas lights this year and you were mesmerized. I loved seeing the magic in your eyes this holiday season.
- 14 Months - Your second Christmas flew by in a flash, but it was so magical. I loved watching you figure out how to open presents and I so loved seeing the joy in your eyes as you loved every single present. Especially your babies.
- 14 Months - The day after Christmas, we took you to California to see Daddy's entire family for the first time. You were timid and didn't really embrace them, so we made sure to have fun times with just the four of us while we were there so that you felt comfortable. I really thought you might open up to them, but you didn't. No pressure. Next time hopefully you will because they sure love you.
- 14 Months - you had your first dentist appointment. You hated it and cried the entire time, but you did walk away with a healthy pearly white smile and clean bill of health.
- 14 Months - you are really loving learning animal noises and you can makes the cutest lion roar. It's raspy and deep and so adorable. You can also 'baa' like a sheep, 'hee haw' like a donkey, 'moo' like a cow, 'meow' like a cat and 'woof' like a dog.
- 14 Months - You absolutely love sliding down slides with mommy. Even the steep ones we fly off of. The steeper, the faster, the more fun for you. You giggle with glee the whole way down.
- 14 Months - You love playing dress-up with sister and you choose a princess outfit and tiara every time. Surprisingly enough, you keep the tiara on for a long time. Every time it falls, you have me put it right back on.
- 14 Months - You have a favorite baby and it's the absolute creepiest baby I've ever seen, but you love her so. This baby sucks a paci and open and closes her eyes and even says 'knock knock' to which you repeat her. Of all the babies you could love, you choose her. We'll just go with it and let you be you.
- 15 Months - You have learned to really not like the doctor. Those visits are hard for both of us. You cry uncontrollably from the moment we are put in a room until the moment they leave you alone. As soon as the doctor is done messing with you, you bury yourself in my chest and all is finally well in your world. Those are tough moments on my heart. You were kicking and screaming when you were being weighed and measured, so we are unsure of the accuracy of your numbers, but here they are - Weight - 25 lbs Height - 32"
- 15 Months - When you want to be held, you say, 'I want dow' and when you want down, you say, 'I want dow'. You can say up and hold me, but you prefer, 'I want dow'. I won't argue with you. You're right. I get you.
- 15 Months - you have mastered your shape sorter and can put every shape in it's corresponding hole. We are so proud! You love this toy too!
- 15 Months - Your bond with Oskar has been strong from the beginning. One of your first words was 'bubba', then quickly went to 'Ockie' at 13 months and then a week later, you could pronounce a perfect sounding 'Oskar'. You yell his name from all over the house when you are missing him and he actually embraces your love and cuddles when you find him.
- 15 Months - we baked jam together just the two of us for the very first time and you absolutely loved it. I try and make you and Emeline a part of my cooking as you both love it. Thank goodness to whoever invented the learning tower so that you can help at my level!
- 15 Months - your favorite word is 'no'. It's your answer to every question even when you mean yes.
- 15 Months - You are my biggest helper in everything I do. You pull clothes out of the dryer for me and you put your silverware in the dishwasher already. You also mess up folded clothes and take everything out of the dishwasher, but the point is, you are right be my side as I complete every chore around here. You even like to wipe down the table with wipes.
- 15 Months - Every time we give you positive reinforcement, you throw that little hand of yours up for a high five. It's my favorite and I hope you never stop.
- 15 Months - you learned how to climb up the steps and go down the slide all by yourself at the park. Press repeat 15 times and that is our day at the park.
- 15 Months - Giselle Laine, you have started quite a habit. Just about every time you take a bath with your sister or shower with me, you poop in the water. I will say, I'm ready for that phase to pass...
- 15 Months - Your speech is unreal. The amount of words you can say must be in the 50s. It's unbelievable how well you can articulate and how much you can say. Here are just a few, 'baby', 'bye-bye now' (don't know where you got that one), 'cheese', 'cheers', 'Eme', 'Mommy', 'Daddy', 'Oskar', 'Gee' (George), 'cockie' (cookie), 'sissy', 'up', 'hold me', 'milk', 'I want...', 'peas' (please), 'thank you', 'hi (insert mimi, poppa, mommy or daddy', 'uh-oh', and so so many more words. Will update as I can, but you are waking from your nap.
- 15 Months - You can now put two and three word sentences together and your favorite phrases are, 'I want milk', 'I want down', 'I want more' - you get it, you are quite demanding. But you do end your demands with a 'peas' and 'tank you'.
I'm going to kiss your sweet 15 month face and count my blessings because you are one of my biggest and most treasure blessings in this life. You always will be. If you only knew the depth of my love...
Love you more,
Mommy, Daddy and Emeline
(Oskar and George too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment