The words “severe male, low ovarian reserve” are five words I can’t seem to get out of my head. We saw Dr. Dunn on Wednesday to go over what went wrong and to discuss our new plan of attack. Once we sat down in his office, he showed us his computer screen with the results of my blood work and ultrasounds over the past couple of weeks. At the top of the screen was his diagnosis and it read those five simple words that I can’t move on from, “severe male, low ovarian reserve”. How do two negative words like “severe” and “low” somehow turn into something positive? By praying for a miracle, that’s how.
Since the new discovery of my low ovarian reserve, we have decided to be as aggressive as possible for the second round. I will be on the same medications as before, just on the highest dosage possible. My dosage will be increased by 50% and we have no idea how it will affect me or if it will even work, but it is a risk Kris and I are willing to take. Our new plan is to start birth control right after I start my period and two weeks from that point go in for an ultrasound. This ultrasound is my baseline ultrasound and it will tell Dr. Dunn how many follicles I have to start with before any medication is introduced into my system. If I have less than 8 follicles to begin with, then I will be on birth control for one more week, followed by another ultrasound. If at that point I have 8 or more follicles, we will move on with the injections. However, if again I have less than 8 follicles, the cycle will be cancelled before I start the injections and we will repeat the same cycle until we get the results we are hoping for. At my baseline ultrasound a month ago, I started the cycle with 7 follicles, so in my mind, 8 follicles will be an easy goal to achieve. Dr. Dunn joked about praying over my ovaries, but we may just do that! For now, Kris and I have to continually strive to believe that our two negative diagnoses’s can give us a positive pregnancy test. Two negatives make a positive, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment