Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

Over the years, I have celebrated and cherished both the announcement and arrival of my friend’s babies and up until last year, that excitement came naturally.  Now it comes with a little sting, a reminder when I don’t need one, that once again we aren’t pregnant.  If you come to me with the wonderful news that you are expecting your own blessing, don’t think for a second that I’m not thrilled beyond belief for you, but just know it will be a painful reminder of what I can’t have.  Mother’s Day, a day when mother’s everywhere are celebrated, has now become a dreaded day for me, for that same reason.

On Mother’s Day this year, I woke up to my sweet husband cooking me the most delicious breakfast-Stuffed Brioche French Toast. And let me tell you, it was amazing.

I also woke up to a present on my door step from the most thoughtful friend a girl could have.  My friend and lucky for me, next door neighbor Jenni, dropped off a book that brought her encouragement over the years and a sweet card saying she was thinking of me and praying extra prayers for me to find comfort and hope on this day.  Jenni knows more than anyone I know, the pain that Mother’s Day can bring to those of us suffering through infertility, so for her to think of little ol’ me on Mother’s Day was incredibly touching.

After breakfast, Kris and I went on a run.  Because his legs are longer (that’s my excuse anyway!) he runs further than I do and I always get home first.  This time he came home after me with a special present-a bird’s egg that fell from a nest.  I haven’t been able to share our potential good news with you all just yet, but I see it as a sign; an omen of good things to come.  Kris brought home an egg that fell from a bird’s nest in our front yard on Mother’s Day.  Here we are 10 days later and I can’t seem to toss it.  I’m sure soon it will begin to rot, but I don’t want to let go of it until we receive our good news.  So until then, I’m holding on to my sign.

We also celebrated our adored furry babies, because after all, I am their Mom.  They have brought so much light and love to our lives over the years that we love them like they are our children.
Here are a couple of photos Kris took with my extra special present he surprised me with a couple of days before Mother’s Day.  A portrait lens to take photos of our babies one day!

My first born.

He's the lover of the family. Always kissing!

The baby of the family and boy does he know it!

And of course, we celebrated the wonderful mother that my mom has been to me all these years.  She’s not only my mom, but my best friend.  We celebrated her by taking her to a steakhouse in Pearland, called Killen’s.  Don’t let the fact that this steakhouse resides in Pearland steer you from going here.  It quickly became one of our all time favorite steaks (and we’ve been lucky enough to have some good ones).  Don’t forget to try the crab cakes and bread pudding either. You won’t be disappointed!  The four of us had a memorable dinner filled with wonderful conversation.  I hope my mom enjoyed her Mother’s day as much as I enjoyed the day. I know I haven’t been blessed to be honored on this day just yet, but the dreaded emotions I had going in to this day, quickly went away by the thoughtfulness of those around me.



Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mom who blessed me with such a beautiful life.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the egg story!! I hadn't heard about that!! I think that you need to find a way to preserve it!
    I am glad that your man took such good care of you on that day.

    ReplyDelete