Originally, our first purchase was this crib:
After a phone call to my mom saying we were purchasing the crib, she immediately called me back and said that they were planning to surprise us but…they wanted to buy the crib! We are so thankful to them for buying us such an amazing and special gift. It’s going to look gorgeous in Baby Simpson’s nursery and Kris and I will be counting down the days until it arrives. Believe it or not, he is equally as excited as I am!
We spent Monday looking at strollers and car seats trying
them out and seeing which ones worked for us.
We narrowed it down to two strollers and two car seats. Initially, our thought was to choose one and
purchase it once we needed it, but after we found out my parents were
purchasing the crib for us, we were too excited and decided we needed it now!
Baby Simpson will be strolling in style in the Orbit G2 once
he/she arrives!
And because we bought it yesterday, we got it tax free and it came with the Bassinet Cradle G2 for free!The Bassinet Cradle G2 can be used at home or we can put it on the stroller frame like this:
It arrives in 3-4 weeks and George and I may just have to take a stroll around the block to try it out. Just kidding...
Monday was a bit surreal to me. Within an hour, my parents told us they were
going to buy us the crib and Kris was ready to buy the stroller. I was a little quiet after it all happened,
because I was still so in shock that this was all really happening. We have waited for this moment for two years
and I couldn’t believe it was finally our reality. We don’t know when we will meet our baby, it
could be 2 months or 15 months from now, but all we can do in the meantime is
plan and prepare just as if I were pregnant.
So, like my friend Dani said, we are EXPECTING! It’s officially time to celebrate and get
ready for the arrival of Baby Simpson!
Mom, Dad and Kris - thank you from the bottom of my heart
for making yesterday so special. I never
expected to receive a gift or buy something for our baby so soon, but I’m very
grateful that we have. It makes the adoption
feel real. I finally feel like we will
be bringing home a baby - our baby
that was always meant for our family.






Sounds like a PERFECT weekend! Such exciting purchases!!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!
ReplyDelete