For those of you who don’t know, November is National
Adoption Month. I’ve been meaning to
post something regarding this very special topic, but between planning an
adoption event for Gladney, planning our own Thanksgiving with friends this month and lots of life happening in between;
I’ve been a little busy. It’s only November 21st, so I made
it just in time!
A friend recently shared with me this blog, 30 Adoption Portraits in 30 Days and I think it’s
the perfect way to not only educate those unaware of the many different perspectives of
adoption, but also celebrate the miracle of adoption. You can read the adoption stories
of birth parents, adoptees, adoptive parents and waiting adoptive parents just
like us. Reading these stories may give
you chills, these stories may bring tears to your eyes, but in the end, families
are formed and that should leave you with a smile.
30 Adoption Portraits in 30 Days
30 Adoption Portraits in 30 Days
Nov. 1: The Waiting is the Hardest Part by Merrin Donahue
Nov. 2: Lost Connections by An Anonymous Birthmother
Nov. 3: Being the Adopted Kid by Kim Wilkes
Nov. 4: An Unpredictable Journey of Faith by Debbie Mumm
Nov. 5: I Drove Home Without Her by Jill Barber
Nov. 6: We Nearly Decided To Give Up by Rob Duval
Nov. 7: Adoption Would Protect Her by G, birthmother
Nov. 8: If Not Me, Then Who? by Dawn Berger
Nov. 9: I Found Out I Was Adopted Because of Facebook by Andrew Cadieux
Nov. 10: I Had Missed the Call by Cathy J.
Nov. 11: Pain Among Beauty by Gretchen Helgeson
Nov. 12: The Lifelong Detective: Still searching for my birth family by Marian Rogers
Nov. 13: What Dreams May Come by Diana Perrone
Nov. 14: Katie's Custody Day: A Strong Girl from the Start by Carrie Goldman
Nov. 15: Real Life, Not the TV Version by Kat Szmit
Nov. 16: A Strange Bird Cry Announces Our Daughter by Jeremy Cressman
Nov. 17: My Oldest Daughter And I Shared Our First Hug by Amy Conn
Nov. 18: Afraid of Being Left Behind by Melissa Miller
Nov. 19: The Reality Started to Set In That I Was Never Going to Be Pregnant Again by Jodie Tallman
Nov. 20: When the Name "Mother" Has Multiple Meanings by Sarah Werthan Buttenwieser
Nov. 21: A Cast-Aside Child Comes Home by Alice Bengel
Nov. 22: Where Are The Babies? by Jennifer Allwood
Nov. 23: Could I Open My Heart to Trying Adoption Again? by Deb Bart
Nov. 24: He Can Make You Smile Even On Your Worst Day by Josh Graham
Nov. 25: Not All Adoptees Find a Happy Home? by "Rachel"
Nov. 26: We Are Not Complete by Dana at Life Unexpected
Nov. 27: I Had To Do What Was Best For All Of My Children by M, Katie's Birthmother
Nov. 28: An Adoption Postcard From My Side of the Edge by Kim Strickland
Nov. 29: The Big Problem Facing Foster-to-Adopt Families by Betsy White
Nov. 30: When Adoptive Family + Birth Families = Happiness by Collen Walsh
Nov. 2: Lost Connections by An Anonymous Birthmother
Nov. 3: Being the Adopted Kid by Kim Wilkes
Nov. 4: An Unpredictable Journey of Faith by Debbie Mumm
Nov. 5: I Drove Home Without Her by Jill Barber
Nov. 6: We Nearly Decided To Give Up by Rob Duval
Nov. 7: Adoption Would Protect Her by G, birthmother
Nov. 8: If Not Me, Then Who? by Dawn Berger
Nov. 9: I Found Out I Was Adopted Because of Facebook by Andrew Cadieux
Nov. 10: I Had Missed the Call by Cathy J.
Nov. 11: Pain Among Beauty by Gretchen Helgeson
Nov. 12: The Lifelong Detective: Still searching for my birth family by Marian Rogers
Nov. 13: What Dreams May Come by Diana Perrone
Nov. 14: Katie's Custody Day: A Strong Girl from the Start by Carrie Goldman
Nov. 15: Real Life, Not the TV Version by Kat Szmit
Nov. 16: A Strange Bird Cry Announces Our Daughter by Jeremy Cressman
Nov. 17: My Oldest Daughter And I Shared Our First Hug by Amy Conn
Nov. 18: Afraid of Being Left Behind by Melissa Miller
Nov. 19: The Reality Started to Set In That I Was Never Going to Be Pregnant Again by Jodie Tallman
Nov. 20: When the Name "Mother" Has Multiple Meanings by Sarah Werthan Buttenwieser
Nov. 21: A Cast-Aside Child Comes Home by Alice Bengel
Nov. 22: Where Are The Babies? by Jennifer Allwood
Nov. 23: Could I Open My Heart to Trying Adoption Again? by Deb Bart
Nov. 24: He Can Make You Smile Even On Your Worst Day by Josh Graham
Nov. 25: Not All Adoptees Find a Happy Home? by "Rachel"
Nov. 26: We Are Not Complete by Dana at Life Unexpected
Nov. 27: I Had To Do What Was Best For All Of My Children by M, Katie's Birthmother
Nov. 28: An Adoption Postcard From My Side of the Edge by Kim Strickland
Nov. 29: The Big Problem Facing Foster-to-Adopt Families by Betsy White
Nov. 30: When Adoptive Family + Birth Families = Happiness by Collen Walsh
No comments:
Post a Comment