If you know me, you've heard me talk
about Jenni and Ben many times before. Jenni has been a huge support
system for me throughout our fertility and now adoption journey.
Our paths are similar yet very different as all stories are. I've
admired her grace, strength and most of all her faith throughout her journey to
Ben. And Ben... We'll, he is just the most precious baby boy who warms
your heart every time you look at him. He is my signal of hope.
The day he was born will be a day I will never forget for two reasons.
One, it was March 17th, the day our baby was supposed to be 'conceived'
through IVF. And two, March 17th was a long awaited dream come true for
Rusty and Jenni. Their journey was over and Ben, the baby God always
intended for them, was born. I'll never forget talking to Jenni the
following morning and she telling me that Ben was finally here. I joked
that our baby could have been conceived on the same day as her baby was born.
How amazing would that have been? My other line beeped while we
were talking and it was Dr. Dunn only to tell me that my eggs unexpectedly disintegrated;
a roadblock none of us could have foreseen and we wouldn't be able to have a
biological child. This was the most devastating time in my life
to date. But, every time Ben has a monthly 'birthday', I don't think
about that time in my life, I think about our future. I think about how one day we will be celebrating these milestones with our baby; the baby that God always
intended for us.
Ben is my signal of hope.
I'm thrilled beyond words to say that Jenni and Rusty's journey to
Ben is officially complete. Yesterday, they were declared by a judge at
their adoption finalization as a forever family. Benjamin Matthew is
officially what we have always known him as - a Woolley.
Kris and I were honored to have been a part of this very special
day in their family's life. It was a very happy and emotional day for
everyone involved.
 |
| I just love this one. Such a happy and loving family. |
 |
| I see a mom that is so proud of her son, Rusty. |
 |
| I just love seeing all of these smiles. |
 |
| Those are all happy tears. I don't think there was a dry eye in our crowd. |
 |
| The judge gave Ben a stuffed animal. I'm sure if will be a forever keepsake. |
 |
| The Woolley Family! |
 |
| Rusty, Jenni and Ben with their families. |
 |
| Benjamin Matthew Woolley - could you be any cuter?! |
 |
| I love this sign Jenni made. |
 |
| This is Erica, Jenni's best friend and saving grace. |
 |
| You can see how much love Aunt Erica has for Ben. So incredibly sweet. |
 |
| This is my favorite picture of the day. I see so much love and happiness between three very special people. |
 |
| Either poor Ben's ears are bothering him or he's a huge Mickey Mouse fan. I think both. |
Jenni - I can't thank you enough for sharing your life and your journey with
me. Without your story, your support and
your love, I wouldn't be half as strong as I am today (I’d be in therapy that’s
for sure!). I’m so thankful God made us
neighbors – He sure knew what He was doing!
We love you guys and are so grateful for your friendship and all the
ways in which you have been there for us.
Congratulations Woolley
family!
This made me cry! Thank you so much for this beautiful post!
ReplyDeleteIt has been such a blessing to have you and Kris in our lives! Though our paths have been difficult, it is a comfort to be walking along side of you. You have been our biggest supporter and such a great friend. Thank you for loving us the way that you do! You are more than a neighbor and friend... you have become family to us!
I can't thank you enough for these precious photos! What a treasure! But more importantly, for being there to share in our day. It would not have been complete without you guys there. (((I am so bummed that I did not get a picture of you guys with Ben! But, at least I have that great one from Halloween!)))
My heart breaks that your arms are still empty, especially during this season. I wish I could "fix" it for you. But, I promise be there to walk with you, wait with you, pray for you, cry with you, laugh with you, drink wine with you!, and support you in any way that you need.