Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Monday, December 5, 2011

A not-so happy to HAPPY Birthday!

November 25th 1982, was the day Kristopher Alan Simpson blessed his family with his arrival.  And 20 years later this man began to bless my life in more ways than I can count.  November 25th has been a very special day in my life for 9 birthdays now.  And although Kris isn’t a huge fan of celebrating his birthday, I make him know how very special he is to me, Oskar and George and my family.  My hubby is truly one-of-a-kind and he should be celebrated.  

Kris as a newborn


And 21 years later, we celebrated his birthday for the first time together. 
With that being said, I think he and I both have a birthday curse.  Things never seem to go right on either of our birthdays and this year was no exception.  He will now tell you '29 sucks'.  It turns out, 29 doesn't suck, just his actual 29th birthday.

Here are some 'before his birthday sucked' photos: 

I made him open his present first thing in the morning!

You see Oskar? He never misses opening presents...

 

He LOVES it! 

Happy 29th Birthday to the love of my life!

This year Kris’ birthday fell on Black Friday and we had no idea how this would limit our plans for the day.  We set out to play a round of golf (he plays and I’m his cute caddy), go to the shooting range so he could teach me how to defend myself (something he’s wanted to do for some time but I let my fears hold me back until now) and end the evening with a nice dinner.  We’ll those were great plans in theory until we drove to the golf course we intended to play only to find out they had no open tee times.  So we moved on to plan b, another golf course of our liking, only to hear the same story.  Finally at 2:30 p.m. we arrived at a municipal course desperate to play as planned.  Of course there were open tee times here because they don’t even schedule tee times!  Finally he was able to play some golf and all my poor birthday boy wanted was a couple of beers to celebrate the day.  Guess what – the café was closed and this course had no beer cart – that means no beer for anyone.  So we high-tailed it to the gas station, grabbed some beers and finally headed to the links.  He played 10 or 11 holes and we were having a good time, but it was getting late, so we decided to pack up and head home to get ready for dinner. 





























Dinner… Really wish that wasn't another story to represent the birthday curse, but it is.  Kris decided he wanted to go to the mall after dinner to check out the Black Friday deals for me.  Yes, my sweet hubby always thinks of me before himself even on his own birthday.  In my defense, I didn't know he wanted to shop for me until we got to the mall and then I felt guilty shopping for myself on his birthday.  We ended up at what is supposed to be a nice Italian restaurant in the Woodlands (close to the mall) called Luca and Leonardo.  Don’t waste your time or your money – DO NOT GO THERE!  The meal started off nice with delicious bread and a tasty salad, but then our entrees arrived...  My pasta tasted like tomato paste and grilled chicken – there was no flavor and I certainly could have made something better at home and saved the $24 it cost.  On top of that, my poor birthday boy’s meal was the size of a kid’s meal for $28.  Let’s just say we ended up at Taco Bell that night for him after spending money on a ‘nice’ dinner. 

We were able to laugh off all of our bad luck throughout the day, but I just felt so guilty about the way the day turned out.  Our day was wonderful prior to leaving the house – maybe we should have just stayed home!  I told Kris the night of his birthday that I wanted to wake up the next morning and re-do his entire birthday.  He was reluctant, but agreed and I’m so glad he did.  The next day we spent the afternoon doing whatever he wanted to do and we ended the evening at one of his favorite restaurants, El Tiempo, followed by seeing our favorite country music star Cory Morrow at the Firehouse Saloon.  We had a blast and ended his birthday celebration with a bang!  








Cory Morrow came back from his encore to sing our wedding song - Always and Forever.  It was a huge surprise and such a treat. I think that was the perfect way to end Kris' birthday. Couldn't have planned it better myself!

Happy Birthday to my always loving, always thoughtful husband who I'm thankful for each and every day.  I love you 'always and forever'. 





1 comment: