Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Thursday, December 22, 2011

'It's Christmas Time in the City'

This year I had the opportunity to visit New York City during the holiday season with my friend Laura.  I've been to NYC 3 previous times, but a girl's trip to New York during the holidays is a must - put it on your bucket list!  The city is magical and just beaming with Christmas lights and Christmas spirit.  We saw pretty much the entire city of Manhattan by foot and soaked up every last second of our 'Christmas time in the city'.  

We enjoyed roaming through the Christmas markets shopping and sipping apple cider.  We went to all three of them - Union Square, Central Park South and Bryant Park.  This was my personal favorite activity in NYC over the holidays.  The market was full of local talent of any kind - photographers, painters, bakeries, jewelry designers, etc...

Laura and I walked through Central Park to the MET and then admired the never-ending various art forms until we just. couldn't. go. on.

Every morning and afternoon, we took a break and enjoyed a chai tea latte in the cafes we stumbled upon.  It was our time to relax, talk about our day, life or just whatever was on our minds. 

We visited Highline Park and enjoyed some great views of the city, then walked to Chelsea Market and ate a delicious farm-to-table lunch.  

Did some shopping and did some more shopping… We shopped Soho, NoLita, Union Square, 5th Avenue, Columbus Circle, West Village and so on and so on…

Laura and I both shared a childhood dream of seeing the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and my knight in shining armor made our dream come true.  It was our last night in NYC and we couldn't have ended our Christmas trip any more perfectly.  

We did many, many other things, but these were the highlights.  Our schedule wasn't conducive to lugging around a huge camera, so here are some photos of our very last day in NYC - sadly, my only photos of the trip... 

 Highline Park









 Radio City Christmas Spectacular





Christmas Time in the City




Inside Chelsea Market


Thank you so much for inviting me, Laura.  I had such a good time touring the city by foot with you.  I look forward to many more girl's trips in our future! 





1 comment:

  1. I have been looking forward to this post so that I could hear all about your trip! I am so glad that you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete