This weekend was awesome!
I was able to surprise Ashley with a really special gift that I’ve been
eyeing for her for quite a long time. It’s
supposed to serve as a late Mother’s Day present or “push present” since Ashley
had to once again go another year without a baby. Before we left for dinner with her parents on
Friday night, I hid the present in the trunk of the car. When we got to the parking lot, I pulled out
the gift bag and she was confused as ever; she didn’t know if the gift was for
her or her parents. As she always does
for birthdays or Christmas, she tried peeking in the bag, standing closer to
me, trying to weigh the bag, etc…anything to try and get a glimpse of what I
got. She’s terrible…
After drinks I let her read her card, then open the
present. The look on her face says it
all…
I am so incredibly proud to call Ashley my wife and to watch
her grace and character shine over these past few years. I’ve learned a tremendous amount from walking
next to her and watching her deal with setbacks and bumps along the way. She’s taken them all in stride, and gotten
back up and dusted herself off to fight another day: “Rise and rise again, until lambs become
lions”
I love you babe,
Kris
Kris
No comments:
Post a Comment