Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

3 Months Old


Dear Emeline,

Here we are again...  One month older, one month wiser.  As far as we can tell, you are a wise old soul trying to grow up way before you should.  Slow down little one.  This time is precious and so are you.

Your personality is developing more and more every day.  And let's just say; you are a riot! You keep Daddy and I laughing all the time and well, when we laugh, you laugh.  Our quiet moments at home are no longer quiet, but they are filled with laughter just as a happy home should be.

Here's a peek into your world at 3 months old:

  • You've mastered tummy time and have moved on to rolling over once I place you on your tummy.  If you don't roll over, you just hang out on your tummy, drool, drool some more and check out the sights.
  • Speaking of drool - wow, do you like to drool!  And blow bubbles and put anything and everything in your mouth.  
  • You starting sucking your thumb this month and it pretty much melts my heart the way your grip your nose and suck away.  I'm thankful that you finally found your thumb and we are no longer constrained by the paci. 
  • You have to be one of the happiest babies I have ever met.  I know, I know...  I'm your mother and of course I think that, but really - I mean it.  You laugh, smile and squeal in delight ALL the time.  And well, as your mother, that just makes me want to squeal too.  When you’re happy; I'm happy.  That's just how it works. 
  • You are quite the talker.  You have a voice and want to be heard.  You are also very passionate about whatever it is you might be trying to tell us - facial expressions and all.  You are still in the copy-cat phase and when daddy or I say something you try to say it right back in your own way.  Between your laughing, cooing and squealing, you are one loud little lady!  And we wouldn't change it for the world.  We love hearing you become your own person. 
  • You are now able to grasp most anything I put in your reach.  Rattle, toys, blanket, mommy's necklace, mommy's hair (that one hurts!), etc.  You seem to have control over handling whatever may be in your tiny fingers too - straight to the mouth!
  • You still love to stand and every day you get a little sturdier on your own.  I'm pretty sure at this rate you may run before you walk.  Your legs are just so strong.
  • Every night we have a routine and the whole family seems to love it.  You and mommy splash around in the bath.  Daddy dries you off and changes you.  From there, we mosey our way on upstairs and all of us, even Oskar and George, cuddle up on the chaise lounge in your room and have story time.  Bed time is usually around 8 and we wake you up around 11 before we go to bed for one last feed in hopes of you sleeping through the night.  Sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't.  If you do wake up, you wake up at 5am for a bottle and you go back down until ~8am.
  • Nap time has still been our biggest struggle, but I consider us so very lucky for this to be our only struggle.  You take 3-4 naps and they seem to last 30-45 minutes.  It's tough to get anything accomplished, but I sure try!  Besides, if you slept for too long, I would miss you!
  • You are now eating a whopping 6oz every 3-4 hours.  And since we made the switch, boy have you grown!  Those 0-3 month clothes are quite snug in length.  Your weight however is still mostly stored in those adorable cheeks, but those thighs are starting to resemble the Michelin man.  I just want to eat you up every chance I get. 
  • At 2 months, you were all about your hands.  Putting them in your mouth and sucking on those fists and fingers.  At 3 months however, you are all about those feet!  Grabbing those piggies or at least staring at them all the time.  Maybe it's those fancy shoes you tend to wear...
  • You are fascinated by Oskar and George.  Staring at them for as long as they sit still.  You've begun to pull their hair, hit them with your spastic moves and they just take it.  They are quite fond of you too.  George just can't wait any longer for you to throw 'Mr. Squirrel - he still lays him on top of your head in hopes that you have mastered that skill.  They realize you are part of the family and they protect you just as they have Daddy and I all this time.  In fact, I think they are even more protective of you.  It's really sweet the way they have grown to love you and you them. 
At 3 months, you weigh ~13lbs. 














Thank you for being the light in our lives that we were missing.  You've given me purpose and you make our family whole.  I vow to never say, "I just can't wait" in hopes of savoring each stage of your life.  This stage is a special stage - you discovering you.  We will never get these moments back and I cherish each one.  I'm forever indebted to Daddy for allowing me to stay home with you.  This way, I won't miss a beat.  

We love you more than life itself,

Mommy and Daddy
(and Oskar and George too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment