Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Giselle is 10 Months Old

Dear Giselle,

Oh no... My sweet baby girl has reached the double digits and you know what that means... You are soon to be 1 YEAR OLD.  I can't bare the thought of it just yet, so we won't talk about it.  For now, I'm going to enjoy every second of these last two months of your infancy before you become a full blown toddler. 

You brighten every day.  Every morning you wake up first (aside from Daddy) and every morning I walk into your room to see your beaming, beautiful face and to hear the sound of your precious voice tell me 'hi'. There is not a more peaceful way to start my day. How can that day not be glorious when I'm greeted by you and your sweet innocence.  You have to be one of the happiest babies around.  I know every mom says this, but you just have to be. The amount of joy and laughter you show to others is incredible and just one of the many lessons you will teach Daddy and I. I know  in my heart of hearts that you will grow to be a perpetually happy, joyful and positive person. Our hearts and home have never been filled with so much love and JOY.  Thank you for this gift.  

Here's a peek into your world at 10 months old:


  • You are officially a stander.  You can really stand for as long as you wish, but only if you are holding on to something. You haven't reached the freehanded stage just yet. Whew, because that's the last step before walking.  Please be a baby for a little longer. Please...
  • And now that you can stand, you can climb! Oh boy... I open the dishwasher and those chunky thighs of your suddenly find themselves on top of my dishwasher. You can also climb the stairs leading out of our living room. This used to be a safe place for me to set you down and walk away for a minute because you were 'locked' in. Not any more. Those whole house is yours to discover now. 
  •  Recently when you get excited about something or even when I get on to you for something (and you think it's all a big joke) - you throw your arms out wide and wave them up and down in excitement.  It's quite funny. And hard to discipline. Oh boy. You've already got my sweet spot figured out. 
  • Oskar and George have really had your attention lately. It seems you have become quite fond of them these days. And I can't say I blame you. They are with us for every diaper change, every bath, every meal and bottle and every playtime in between.  Lets just say, they don't leave our side. You have tried so hard to kiss Oskar, but he's just not ready yet. They both do let you slip in the occasional rub and tap. You are gentle - enough!
  • Speaking of your love for the dogs... You have discovered how fun and funny it is to feed them! You love dropping them the occasional treat and giggling about it. If I step away and hear you laughing I know you are guilty. Stinker!
  • Recently I realized I haven't taught you how to throw a ball and with in minutes, you had it down.  Until they started going under the couch and then you just intentionally threw them there. Silly girl. 
  • You love watching the big kids we come in contact with. You and your sister are in a music class and you try your hardest to mimic everything they do. It's pretty sweet until they show their age and you attempt to be mischievous right along side them. 
  • Bath time continues to be one of your favorite times of the day.  You pull up and start bouncing up and down in excitement every time you hear the water start. Right when I place you in the bath tub those legs start to kicking. Even if there isn't any water yet. You just love taking baths! But you hate swimming... Go figure. 
  • Every day your babbling gets better and better.  You can mimic unbelievably well.  If you are in the mood, you will repeat a word we say and most of the time, its sounds just like what came our of our mouths.  I'm amazed.  
  • You have 6 teeth now and at the moment you have no signs of any others popping through.  Every night after bath, you bounce up and down in excitement when it's time to brush your teeth. I've never seen a baby love brushing his/her teeth as much as you do. I sure hope you never fight me on this like sister did. 
  • You are fascinated with people's eyes, nose and mouth. Always reaching and grabbing. 
  • If I had to say what your favorite toy is at the moment, I would have to say it is anything musical. Musical drums, musical books, anything that sings a little tune and you are hooked. 
  • We are still working on our sign language and you can sign - all done and more.  You are talking so much and so fast that I'm not sure if we should continue the signs. You don't have an interest really... You'd much rather skip that step and babble. We'll figure it out together. 
  • Mimi has taught you how to make this clicking noise with your tongue and you do it all the time now.  It's pretty cute.
  • You are such a great eater; I can't believe it.  You will eat anything.  The only thing you still don't like is avocado, but I sneak it into things and you eat it. I'm not even sure you have a favorite food. You really seem to enjoy most things. But I will say, you always eat your meat first. You love your protein like mommy!  You eat finger foods only like a full blown toddler - 3 times a day and 1 afternoon snack. 
  • You drink 3 - 8oz bottles of formula a day and water through a sippy cup whenever you want it.  
  • Sleep continues to be the same.  You sleep from 8:00pm-7:30am.  Sometimes you wake up even later and I so enjoy those mornings I get to sleep in.  I realize every day how lucky I am to have a baby who is such a good sleeper.  Your nap schedule is the same as well.  Your morning nap is about 2 hours and your afternoon nap is about an hour and sometimes only 30 minutes.  
  • You are still in size 12-18  month or 12 month clothes and size 4 diapers.  
Thank you for making every day count. 

You are the best thing that ever happened to us,
Mommy, Daddy and Emeline
(Oskar and George too)

No comments:

Post a Comment