One more month and you will become a full blown toddler. Crazy. I used to say I'm not ready, but I see this glimmer in your eye as you learn and discover something new and I know how happy that makes you. And no matter what, when you are happy, we are happy. As you get older, you get more and more fun (as if that's possible). You are such a bright ball of energy; always on the move and always smiling. I still wake up every day so thankful for this gift to be your Mommy and I still can't believe God blessed us so abundantly with such a perfect baby. You are our world. Our family and your happiness is all that matters.
Here is a peek into your world at 11 months old:
- Each day you are such a busy explorer, always on-the-go exploring every single detail around you. You love to crawl around the house and open each and every cabinet we have to peek at whats inside. It keeps you busier than any toy you own that's for sure! Your favorite pastime at the moment is unrolling the toilet paper and ripping it up. I let you play on occasion and hope that takes the wonder out of it.
- Last month you started standing and this month you can walk with your walker. The first time I gave it to you, you pulled right up and off you went. I of course was stunned and totally didn't expect that. I cried... Yep. I'm just not ready for my baby to grow up. I want to keep you little for as long as I can.
- Your sister has always loved to cheers and it's a big part of many of our family meals, so it's not surprise that you had been watching and taking that in. One day, we went to cheers your cup and you lifted it right up and ours and 'clink'. You are hooked now too! It's so sweet to cheers to the start of the day with you and Emeline.
- I'm pretty sure you are more vocal than most babies at this age. You babble constantly! Maybe you will be an early talker? Or maybe you already are! You can say - hi, hey, mama, dada, mommy, bubba, mimi, night night, bye-bye and eyes.
- You continue to be fascinated by eyes and you can now point to someone's eyes and say 'eye'. I was stunned at how fast you learned this. You are one bright baby girl.
- Lately you have really been responding well to what I ask of you. When I tell you no, you shake your head no and sometimes stop what you are doing and when I tell you to hand me something, you do. We are starting discipline early since you are busy-active-into-everything kind of baby.
- You are now drinking water from all sippy cups - even the ones with straws. Oh and you do not like help. You are very independent and only like to hold the cup yourself.
- You drink 3-8 oz bottles a day, 3 finger food meals and 2 snacks. We still can't believe how great of an eater you are. You sure do love your food! I've also noticed your appetite really increasing lately. We can't leave the house without snacks!
- You sleep from 8:00 pm-7:30 am. Your nap schedule is still the same.
- You are still in size 12-18 month clothes and size 4 diapers
Things really did change for the better when we brought you home. One day I'll write you a letter on all the many life lessons you have already taught us. Thank you for making my world a better place and me a better person.
You're the one we've always wished for,
Mommy, Daddy and Emeline
(Oskar and George too)
No comments:
Post a Comment