Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Emotional Rollercoaster

Locked out of the house, crying on the step of my back porch was not where I thought I would find myself yesterday, but that’s exactly where life took me.
I had my third ultrasound and blood work appointment Monday and we received concerning news.  I have only developed two follicles and my estrogen is low.  Dr. Dunn said if my estrogen was in the 250 range that we would have to cancel our cycle because all of my estrogen is stemming from one follicle and that simply isn’t enough.  He mentioned very little about continuing the cycle, only about what would happen if we have to cancel.  So I left the appointment alone, feeling very sad and defeated.  I suddenly had all the feelings of guilt Kris experienced with his low sperm count.  All along I thought with IVF we could “bypass” my endometriosis and I could give my husband the baby we always dreamt of.  Then out of the blue, we find out my ovarian reserve is lower than what Dr. Dunn envisioned, making our journey all the more difficult.
I waited on pins and needles all day for my blood results to come in.  This would tell me whether or not our cycle will be cancelled.  Then comes 3 o’clock and the phone rings.  Its Dr. Dunn’s nurse to tell me to continue my meds as I have been and to begin a new medication tomorrow.  Whew!  What a huge sigh of relief!  My estrogen level was 566, over three times higher than it was on Friday!  This potentially means I have more follicles yet to develop and I’m just a late bloomer.  We later spoke with Dr. Dunn and while he said my higher estrogen levels brought him comfort, we are still not out of the woods.  If he doesn’t see more follicles on Wednesday, our cycle may still be cancelled.
I know we have perfect strangers rooting for us and praying for us weekly as well as all of our family and friends.  We are so blessed to have each and every one of you in our lives.  We ask that you pray for comfort and strength for Kris and I to get through this period no matter the outcome and come out the other end both stronger individually and as a couple.  Please pray for my body to develop more follicles and for continued good news throughout this process.  Thank you all for your praises, your daily thoughts and for checking in on us.  We love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I have been a bad blog reader... sorry! But, since I get to see your story unfold in person, I always forget to read!

    But, I wanted you to know that I am so proud of you. This will be one of the toughest things that you will ever face, but you have handled it with such strength and grace.

    I am so happy that you are documenting this journey. What a special gift to give your child someday.

    I am praying for you every day. Every time you cross my mind, I pray for follicles and estrogen! I hope tomorrow's appointment goes well. I'll be praying all morning.

    Hang in there. Just remember... you will be a mom. We don't know how, but I trust and believe that God is going to give you the child that you long for.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the happy tears! Boy am I emotional!

    I'm so blessed to have you next door, walking me through this process and comforting me when I need it most. I know watching your journey unfold everyday is so much more rewarding than reading about it. I'm honored to be part of it. You are truly an inspiration to me and I can only hope I am half as strong as you are.

    Thank you for the constant prayers; today and always. Know I am praying for you, Rusty, Erica and sweet baby Sarah everyday. I can't wait for the moment in a few short months when your family is complete and your heart full of love for such an amazing gift.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete