Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 - A Year in Pictures



Happy New Year - The start to 2011!

January - 2nd round of IVF (cancelled cycle)

February - Celebrating my 28th birthday in the hill country

March - Celebrating my dad's 60th birthday in the hill country 

March - Kris' mom came for a visit!



March 17th - 3rd (and final) round of IVF - made it to egg retrieval this time!  The next day we found out we cannot have children. This marks the hardest time in my life to date. 

March - Kris surprised me with my camera to help take my mind off of our heartache. It helped for sure!


Easter 2011

Mother's Day 2011


 
June - We started the adoption process!!



June - Oskar turned 6!



July - Trip to the Dominican Republic to celebrate our decision to adopt.



July - Family pictures for our profile book



August - George turned 3 and we completed our home study for the adoption.



September - Kris and I became board members for the Houston Gladney Family Association



September - We celebrated our 3rd anniversary in NOLA




October 1, 2011 - We are finally approved to adopt and our profile book is complete!




October - We attended our very first air show as volunteers for the USO. In May we became volunteers for the United Services Organization.



October - We began working on the nursery



November - We hosted our very first Thanksgiving with friends



November - Kris turned 29!



December - I took a girl's trip to NYC during Christmas time



Christmas Eve 2011



A Christmas Day toast - Merry Christmas!

 
 Happy 2012!!

It would be easy to look back at 2011 and say it was the worst year of my life.  But the truth is; I refuse to look at it that way, so… it wasn't.  2011 will always hold a special place in my heart.  It was a year that began with harsh realities and tough decisions, but it ended with blessings in disguise, immense personal growth and marital strength and the motto 'hard work always pays off' has never rang more true (haven't been able to share this news with you yet, but hopefully soon!).  As I look back at these pictures, I can’t help but be grateful for all the blessings that came from such a dynamic year in my life.

I look forward to 2012, but I know the tough road is not behind us yet – it won’t be until our baby comes home.  I just know in my heart of hearts that this is the year we will become parents and for that – I can’t wait! 

Happy New Year!  May this year bring all the desires of your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment