Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reality Check


I got a surprise call from an 817 area code today.

A call coming from Fort Worth.

It was a call from our caseworker!

As soon as I saw it was her, my heart began to race and my hands started shaking.  It was our first phone call from her ever (she usually just emails us for our monthly update).  This time, I just knew she had an exciting update for us and maybe, just maybe she had a birth mom that chose Kris and I.

Turns out she was just checking in after all…

BUT, the good news is, over the last month, 2 or 3 birth moms have found our online profile and called because they were interested in us!  None of those situations were good fits, but I can’t tell you how comforted Kris and I are by this news.  To know just one birth mom has called on our behalf is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.  It’s a reality check.  Really any day the right birth mom could call and our lives will change forever. 

Today was a reminder that this is real; that we will have a baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment