Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nursery Sneak Peek!


Baby Simpson's nursery is well on its way to being complete! We have most of the big pieces in and are just awaiting/choosing the final details - curtains, artwork, bookshelf decor/storage, mobile, changing pad cover and rocking horse (I've been waiting 2 months already!). 

Here's a sneak peek into the serene space I’ve created for our baby. I can only hope this dreamy room soothes him or her in those rough late nights I’m anticipating.

Jana Epstein is an artist I discovered last April and I now have 3 of her pieces - I'm kind of a big fan! She shoots in film, processes her work and then uses Prisma colored pencils to add the pops of color you see here. Her artwork doesn't stop with the photograph either. Another reason I love her work! For the frame, she salvages antique ceiling tiles and distresses them to compliment the photograph. Each one of her pieces also comes with a story that she writes on the back. Anyway - I saw this photograph last April and I just knew I wanted it for the nursery. Kris surprised me with it for our anniversary and it has since been my inspiration for the entire room. 

Here is a vintage Pooh that I brought back from my New York trip. Right now he is all alone on the massive; yet to be decorated book shelf. 


Changing table and mirror - still missing the necessities i.e. changing pad and cover! 


This is what I like to call my "Mommy Corner". It's girly and cozy with an oh-so-comfy large chaise lounge. We have written 12 promises to our baby and as soon as I find a calligrapher, we will have them framed and hung above the chaise. Many wonderful memories will be made in this corner, from rocking my baby to sleep to reading stories together as a family - We can all fit! I just can't wait! 

Oh the light fixture... I love it so much and think it's beautiful, but it was a bit of a nightmare to hang! My sweet hubby surprised me and had it almost hung before I woke up one morning. I came in to help and as we were struggling to hang it (it's really heavy) one of the glass pieces fell out and shattered all over my new hardwood floors! Oh well. Now it's fixed, no damage was done and it just hangs there ever-so-beautifully and casts these wonderful shadows all over the room (you can kind of see it in the photo). 


The crib was Baby Simpson's first gift and it was a surprise from my parents. I love it and want to keep it forever. The bedding is Bella Notte and it just came in last week, but there was a mishap and the bumper came in the wrong fabric so... in 4-5 more weeks we will have the correct bumper that is a quilted silk velvet and the color is much richer. The bedding consists of a satin crib skirt with a linen crib skirt overlay and the silk velvet bumper. It's so soft and cozy I wish I could sleep in there! 

And that's all I have for now! As soon as the room is complete I'll be sure to post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment