Over the last few weeks, I really struggled with making a decision on how to move forward with IVF. Do we continue on with Dr. Dunn for a third round or do we start fresh and make the switch to Dr. McKenzie whom we highly respected as well? The two doctors offered very different protocols for round three and each doctor presented them very persuasively. However, they both respectfully disagreed with the other and that made for a very difficult decision. So, who do I choose and how do I know which move is right for us? The answer is; I had no idea. We decided at the very last second, to continue on with Dr. Dunn for many reasons. We value his honesty and his integrity, we have already paid for our IVF cycle that we have yet to complete, and he gave factual information on why he did not think Dr. McKenzie’s protocol would work for me.
The truth above all else is; I listened to my gut as I have throughout this whole process.
So, the following day after making the final decision, I started Femara. I fully understood that I was 1 of 5-10% of Dr. Dunn’s patients with diminished ovarian reserve and out of those patients only 5-10% of us actually respond to Femara. It was a definite risk and Kris and I are beyond thrilled that we took the chance. Because…
IT WORKED!
We are happy to announce I go in for my egg retrieval on St. Patrick’s Day at 7:45am! I would say, may the ‘luck of the Irish’ be upon us, but I recently read that it actually means bad luck or ill fortune. I also read someone’s personal definition of the term that I could really appreciate. To this person and now me, ‘Luck of the Irish’ means to be lucky at heart from the support of family and friends. Each of you have seen us through the good times and held us together through the rough times and that is truly the ‘Pot of Gold’ at the end of my rainbow.
Once again, thank you all for your constant love and support when we have needed you most. We are still hoping for a miracle and need your prayers and support more than ever as we finally have this amazing opportunity in front of us. Kris and I promise to keep you informed in the coming days as we know more, but for now, pray, pray, pray for Baby Simpson! May this be a St. Paddy's Day we will never forget.
Praying praying praying for baby simpson!! Call me;)
ReplyDeletei'm praying praying praying too! please keep us posted! love you both!!
ReplyDelete