Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just a batch of positivity!

I just have to say, I LOVE GLADNEY!  Or better yet, I love our Program Assistant!  I got an email on Tuesday morning saying she received our package and she was so impressed with my organization skills.  She said I was, “a woman after her own heart” – perfect!  Apparently, my skills were the talk of the office that morning and all the other program assistants were jealous that Kris and I were her family.  Yep, it only took one week for us to make a name for ourselves at Gladney.  This doesn’t surprise me one bit! 

I must have made her job tremendously easier, because I got an email this morning saying she processed all of our documents in ONE DAY and we can move forward with our caseworker!  This means we can go ahead and schedule our interviews and home study in the coming weeks.  Ideally, you are supposed to wait 6-8 weeks for your FBI clearances to come in before you can proceed with anything else, but since I asked ever-so-politely, she’s pushing us right along.  We won’t be officially approved until our FBI clearances come in, but at least we can keep crossing things off of our never-ending to-do list in the meantime.  Once we are approved and have our profile book completed, birthmothers can start to see who we are!
We have a very busy month of July, but my hope is that we can at least schedule our interviews in Fort Worth sometime in between:
1.       Our 4th annual Simpson/Wilhelm July 4th weekend extravaganza
2.       Kris’ friend Braden coming to visit July 6th
3.       Our photo shoot with Forever Photography July 13th
4.       THEN our trip to the Caribbean July 26th (that’s right, Kris gave me a hint!)
If you can’t tell, I’m VERY happy with where life is taking us.  Once we chose adoption, things have been falling into place so perfectly that it amazes me every day.  This just feels so right…

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!!! You rock!! I'm not surprised either! :)
    And I am sooo glad that you get to do your photo shoot. I have to admit that I am a bit (ok, alot) jealous! Maybe I should tag along and attempt to absorb some of her talent!

    I am just so stinkin' excited for you guys, I don't think I can stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyyy! My heart (and me;) are soooooo happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete