Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Friday, October 22, 2010

Fun times ahead!

In the next three weeks Kris and I have many exciting events to look forward to!

1.       This weekend we are taking an impromptu trip to Austin to see our beloved Longhorns once again with our friends, Jason and April.  We haven’t been to a game in Austin in years, so we are thrilled.  Just being on campus is going to bring back so many wonderful college memories.  
Hook'em!
2.       Kris is having his procedure on Wednesday and we will know that day whether or not he has a blockage!  Then on Thursday, I meet with Dr. Dunn’s nurse to go over the medications that I will be on.  I’ve started birth control, which is the first step, but I’m looking forward to really getting the process going with the next round of medications.  If everything goes as planned, we are looking at an egg retrieval around Thanksgiving.  Now, that’s something to be thankful for!

3.       My much anticipated Audi will be here next week!  We sold the RAV 4 a week ago and I will admit that it’s somewhat bittersweet.  The boys and I have had so many fun trips together with Oskar in my lap and George in the passenger seat.  I’m really going to miss those moments and so will they. We did buy a cargo net and the boys will still ride along with me when they can, but they’ll be trapped in the back.  I just have to remember, they are safer secured in the back.

These sweet moments will be gone, but not forgotten.
4.       Next weekend, we are taking a trip with our friends Brian and Margaret to Margaret’s home town of Oxford, MS.  Kris and I are going to our very first Ole Miss game!  We can’t wait to experience Ole Miss tailgating and all that is Oxford!
5.       Two weeks from now, we are taking another trip to Austin to attend Wurstfest, a German festival, with our friends Tye and Dani.  We went two years ago and had a blast.  This year Kris and I wanted to dress up for the occasion, but we couldn’t get Tye to play along.  Maybe next year!
Here is a picture from two years ago. I told you we had a blast!
We have so many blessings in our lives that we certainly have not forgotten.  We have a wonderfully supportive family and friends that are family.  Thank you all for the fun times that keep us smiling when life get tough.  We love each and every one of you!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have so much to look forward to over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete