1. We ordered hardwood floors and they should be installed next week!
I can’t tell you how excited this makes me! By the end of next week our nursery will be a blank canvas for me to start designing a lovely space for our baby. Over the past two years, I’ve envisioned this nursery in so many different ways and even in different rooms of our house. Although, I’ve never designed a gender neutral nursery, I already have so many ideas that I just can’t wait to see all come together. 2. We cleaned out the dog room/storage closet
These next photos may scare you, but all of these things were perfectly organized in the closet prior to us pulling it out and dissecting each box. There are three piles - one for a garage sale, one for holiday décor and one for the attic, garage or another closet. We have officially cleaned out and organized every single closet in our house. It was a huge task; let me tell you, but it feels so good to be finished. Everything in our home is either something we use or a keepsake. We are clutter and junk FREE! Our neighborhood garage sale in October could not come soon enough. As they say, “one person’s trash is another person’s treasure”.
Taking the first steps toward beginning the nursery have been surreal to me. The adoption process right now has been very slow and at times, doesn’t feel like we are making any progress towards Baby Simpson. Just knowing by the end of next week, I will have an empty room with beautiful hardwood floors in it makes me incredibly happy. Kris, don’t be surprised if you see me sitting in the empty room dreaming of our future.
get an account with Pinterest.com and you will find TONS of nursery ideas/inspirations there!
ReplyDelete