Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Monday, August 15, 2011

A Prayer for James


The mohawk was a joke and is now gone.  After all the comments on FB, Kris actually considered keeping it.  Just joking!

A colleague of Kris’ is having brain surgery tomorrow and in honor of his fight, many of his friends and colleagues shaved their heads.  James is actually the man responsible for recruiting Kris into investment banking at Credit Suisse.  Kris told James recently that there were many times he praised his name and many more times he cursed it.  The truth is; we wouldn’t be where we are today if it weren’t for the simple fact that James believed in Kris.  Now, I’ve never met James, but have heard so many wonderful things about this man.  I’m truly grateful for the opportunity he gave us.  Although Kris’ stint in investment banking was difficult at times for both of us, it’s opened many doors and brought many wonderful opportunities our way that we wouldn’t have otherwise had.  Please pray for James and his family today, tomorrow and always for their fight isn’t over.

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”

                                                                                                                 ~Plato
UPDATE from James himself the day after surgery:

I just met with my doctor and learned that the brain tissue removed
yesterday was a fast-growing tumor (either a grade 3 or grade 4
astrocytoma). In two weeks, I will begin the maximum dosage of radiation
paired with chemotherapy. This phase of my treatment will last for six
weeks, and will then be followed by another six months of
chemotherapy...and perhaps some experimental drugs. I wish I had better
news, but I wanted to be honest with everyone. Feel free to ask
questions.


Please keep the prayers coming for James and his sweet family.

No comments:

Post a Comment