I can’t believe my baby boy is 3 years old. We brought George home a few days after we returned from our honeymoon and even though we were leaving the most beautiful place on earth, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on my new puppy.
| The day we brought him home. |
![]() |
| George learning the stairs. Don't you just want to kiss his face?! |
| Best friends for life. |
George is a dog that can light up a room. He’s bouncy and playful, but he loves cuddle. He’s never met anyone that hasn’t fallen in love with him. George is just a little guy (he didn't grow to his full size because of a liver condition) and his nickname is 'Little Foot' among many others that I won't say in fear of embarrasing him. He’s not a big kisser like Oskar and even though people try to get puppy kisses, he saves those for his mommy and daddy. George is a kind and gentle soul who will always remain young at heart. He enjoys being the baby of the family and I enjoy babying him.
This boy is on a schedule just like a child. He has a strict potty schedule and if we don’t abide by it, so sorry Mommy and Daddy… He even has an evening ritual of cleaning his feet before bed. Also, if we don’t feed him at his scheduled time, he won’t leave us alone until we do. He uses head nudges to get my attention and I think it is the cutest thing ever. Oh and when he eats, he turns about 5 circles in front of his bowl before he digs in. And he eats faster than anyone you have ever seen - I guarantee it. George also dictates when we get up in the morning. Oskar, Kris and I like to sleep in, but George wakes up and is ready to play! I told you he is like a child!
Since I’m an only child, I never got to see how siblings interact or how influential they can be to one another. Having a second dog, I got to witness it all and it’s been amazing to see how they grow and learn from each other.
Here is a little something I wrote about George for our profile book and it captures exactly who he is.
Meet George
Hi, my name is George and I am 3 years old. I’m the baby of the family and boy do I know it! My best friend is Oskar and we do everything together. Anytime we are apart, it makes me very sad. He is my older brother and he has taught me everything I know. I look up to him always. My favorite toy is ‘Mr. Squirrel’ and he goes everywhere with me (even to potty!). I live for sunbathing outside, chewing on bones and going on walks with Mommy and Daddy. My favorite pastime is cuddling with Mommy no matter what she is doing. Mommy and Daddy love to surprise Oskar and me with new toys and lucky for me, Oskar doesn’t like them as much as I do. I love to take as many of them out of the toy box as I can and play with them ALL! I’m a sweet and shy little guy who just likes to snuggle. Mommy and Daddy make us feel like the center of their world and we are very loved and cared for every day.
And here are some photos of George on his 3rd birthday. George is always on the go, so it is very hard to slow him down for a photo. There is no posing George or placing him in the correct lighting. Patience is the key to capturing a moment with him.
| George was terrified of the birthday hat. Can you tell?! |
![]() |
| Still terrified... |
![]() |
| George and his friends |
![]() |
| George snuggling with Mr. Squirrel. I think this is my new favorite photo of him. |






No comments:
Post a Comment