Yesterday I wrote on Facebook that it was a big day. When I wrote that, I had no idea the overwhelming response I would have. I received phone calls, texts, emails and even Facebook messages. Thank you guys for all the love! Yesterday went flawlessly and our home study is finally behind us. I cannot even begin to tell you what a relief that is.
Our local Houston caseworker was at our house for a whopping 30 minutes. She asked us a few questions pertaining to our neighborhood, our neighbors, safety precautions we have planned, how many bedrooms in the home and so on… Then I took her on a tour where she glanced in each room and we moved on to the next. She didn’t open one closet, cabinet or drawer. She must have noticed the perfectionist in me. I will tell you, we’ve spent the last three weeks cleaning out and organizing every square inch of our house. It was quite the task let me tell you, but even Kris will proudly say, it was worth it. I think he is most proud of the garage! Even though our caseworker didn’t notice, it was the push we needed to organize our home from top to bottom. And it feels wonderful!
The good news is we are APPROVED on her end and are just waiting on approval from our caseworker who conducted our interview. Once we receive our final approval we will officially be a Gladney approved and waiting family! Can’t wait to receive that title, because that means we can be chosen by a birth mom really at any time! Lots of celebrations are in our near future! This weekend, we will be celebrating the completion of our home study and the turning in of our profile book – all exciting stuff that we have worked VERY hard on.
Speaking of exciting stuff… Hardwood floors are being installed right now in the nursery! It’s so loud that I had to call Kris and make sure he didn’t accidentally schedule a demolition. I may soon have a headache because of all the banging, scraping and beeping, but that won’t stop me from smiling.
thats kickass news! you and kris will be AMAZING parents! :-)
ReplyDeleteLove it! Smiling right now!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome news!! Congrats!
ReplyDelete