Our Story of Hope, Perseverance and Believing in Miracles...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Month of Thanks - Day 15

Today, I'm thankful that Oskar and George love their sister almost as much as we do.  A fear that weighed heavily on me when Emeline came home was whether or not they will get along, be accepting of one another and eventually love each other.  I had my worries in the beginning...  We visited the vet for one of them every other week for 5 weeks with vomiting,  diarrhea and George even got round worms.  We had a liver scare with George as well, but it all turned out to be him adjusting to new life with a baby.  All of those costly vet trips were the boys adjusting to no longer being the center of our attention every day.  Now, if you know us, they are still the center of our world - we include them in everything we do with Emeline.  It's just an adjustment because their world will never be quite the same.  And now, they are embracing their new world as big brothers to Emeline.  It warms my heart to see them together.  George cuddles with Emeline and lets her pet him, he plays with her and they even share their toys.  Oskar is Emeline's protector, checking on her every chance he gets and when he see she's okay, he gives her a big kiss right on the lips and Emeline giggles.  She is absolutely fascinated by both of them.  Always trying to pet them and her eyes follow their every move.  All she has to do is look at one of them and her face lights up and she lets out her cute deep giggle.  Oh how I love my little family.  I'm so very blessed.  


Oskar check on Emeline every single time she's in the bath.

Just catching up on current affairs (literally these days) and petting her dog.  

Swapping toys and smiles with George. 

Cuddles with George 

More George cuddles

Oskar and Daddy cuddles

Kisses from George


Oskar and Emeline thinking, "what the heck is mom doing to us now".  

The boys making sure Grammy is taking care of their sister. 

Meeting Emeline for the very first time. 

And sweet kisses from Oskar make Emeline really happy!
And now you think I'm crazy!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you're crazy and I love this post!! I'm very glad they have adapted to the changes in your family and it definetly seems like you have love and time for the whole gang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most wonderful post! We have two Mini-Schnauzers and have thought about the day when we have a baby. I hope it will be just the same for us as it is for you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most wonderful post! We have two Mini-Schnauzers and have thought about the day when we have a baby. I hope it will be just the same for us as it is for you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete